Ethanol?

They sell 90 octane near me,but I live next to a large lake with too many boaters.

Just remember Octane level has nothing to do with ethanol amounts in gas.
Actually, ethanol IS used to raise octane ratings in gasoline.

In terms of its octane rating, ethanol has an octane rating of 113. Fuels with a higher octane rating reduce engine knocking and perform better. Also, almost all gasoline in the US contains 10 percent ethanol. When you mix 10 percent 113 octane ethanol with 85 octane gasoline it increases the octane two points to the normal 87 octane most consumers use. So the higher the ethanol content, the higher the octane. The octane rating for E15 (15% ethanol) is 88 octane and E85 (85% ethanol) is 108 octane.

Actually, ethanol IS used to raise octane ratings in gasoline.

In terms of its octane rating, ethanol has an octane rating of 113. Fuels with a higher octane rating reduce engine knocking and perform better. Also, almost all gasoline in the US contains 10 percent ethanol. When you mix 10 percent 113 octane ethanol with 85 octane gasoline it increases the octane two points to the normal 87 octane most consumers use. So the higher the ethanol content, the higher the octane. The octane rating for E15 (15% ethanol) is 88 octane and E85 (85% ethanol) is 108 octane.
Which is incredibly bad for me, ethanol takes more fuel to get the same "boom" My Supercharged MX-5 is at it's maximum fueling window, so some tanks of fuel cause minor detonation and I know it is because of the corn fuel.

I've used Boostane and it works, but it will eventually cover everything in manganese which is no good for 02 sensors and the catalyst.

I'll be running water/methanol injection soon, I'm just worried about popping my transmission!

Which is incredibly bad for me, ethanol takes more fuel to get the same "boom" My Supercharged MX-5 is at it's maximum fueling window, so some tanks of fuel cause minor detonation and I know it is because of the corn fuel.

I've used Boostane and it works, but it will eventually cover everything in manganese which is no good for 02 sensors and the catalyst.

I'll be running water/methanol injection soon, I'm just worried about popping my transmission!
The only thing Oregon is good for is no emissions. Someone cut the cat out of my dad's pickup once, but we didn't have to pay for a new one. We just ran a section of flex pipe to replace it.

One of the many reasons why I use only ethanol-free gasoline along with one ounce per gallon of this octane booster in URL below in order to raise the ethanol rating by 4 points from the 87 octane ethanol-free gasoline that I have available in my area effectively boosting it to 91 octane.

One of the many reasons why I use only ethanol-free gasoline along with one ounce per gallon of this octane booster in URL below in order to raise the ethanol rating by 4 points from the 87 octane ethanol-free gasoline that I have available in my area effectively boosting it to 91 octane.

I'll look into it, but I'm needing to run at least 93, Eth free is sold 89 here but costs more than premium, so it would be +$6.00 per tank plus another $2.50 for fuel.
I'm still getting 30mpg so it's not HORRIBLE.

Back