Ethanol?

mirman

Local time
4:59 AM
I owned scooters for many years and there was the same problem with ethanol that there is with the gas bicycles. With the scooters I used an additive in the fuel that took out the ethanol. Can I use that in the gas bike motors? I would like to buy fuel anywhere and get any octane I like.

Never heard of it, I know of HEET that soaks up water, but not something that takes out or changes ethanol.

Many quality oils have additives that help negate ethanol issues.

But some stations sell "boat" fuel that is ethanol free.

Whatever you do, only mix enough fuel to make a litre at a time, as soon as you mix ethanol gasoline with oil, the clock is ticking and it will degrade rapidly.

Never heard of it, I know of HEET that soaks up water, but not something that takes out or changes ethanol.

Many quality oils have additives that help negate ethanol issues.

But some stations sell "boat" fuel that is ethanol free.

Whatever you do, only mix enough fuel to make a litre at a time, as soon as you mix ethanol gasoline with oil, the clock is ticking and it will degrade rapidly.
They have additives for your gas that are designed only to take the ethanol out of the gas. Scooters have the same problem of their carburetors getting clogged if you use ethanol gas. I did this for years and never had a problem with a scooter.

They have additives for your gas that are designed only to take the ethanol out of the gas
I would like to know what those additives are then, I know of additives that mitigate some of the effects of ethanol with tanks that are at least 95% full, but know of no additive that actually removes ethanol from gasoline.

I would like to know what those additives are then, I know of additives that mitigate some of the effects of ethanol with tanks that are at least 95% full, but know of no additive that actually removes ethanol from gasol
What brand of octane booster do you use and how much do you use per gallon?

The simplest thing to do is go online and look up stores that sell ethanol-free gas. Then if you have to buy several gallons of it and store it in air-tight gas cans. E-free gas has a very long shelf life.
The first person who answered this thread said the exact opposite. He states that the efree gas doesn't last very long.

I've seen 100% gas over 2 years old and still crank lawn equipment. I've seen e-15 have problems cranking lawn equipment in less than 6 months old. The key to E-free longevity is to store it in air-tight gas containers.

Back