Engine leaks oil from weep hole on block?

I was thinking of tapping it and putting a threaded hose barb on it and running down. Someone said it’s supposed to return to the carb! I swapped out the stock carb for a speed carb so that’s not possible, either way I do t like that concept.
I was going to tap mine, but got lazy towards the end of my build.

Instead of pointing the hose down so the oil drips out Maybe if ya point the hose up 1' no oil will come out

That's if ya don't have a one way air vent valve
I’m not all that Familiar with this engine yet, so not to sure if it’s one way or not. Any way to tell me how to Determine if it is or not?

So, ignition coil upgrade all together?
From what I've read, the 144f 53cc where not electronically governed, so you could get a coil from that engine I would think, or you could find a 49cc honda & rob the flywheel & the coil, because i believe they were mechanically governed.

Remove the governor, better air filter, different springs in the clutch. A few things you can look at.

As for the hole, Idk, my first 49cc 4 stroke is supposed to be here Friday. lol. If you do have it over full, you can expect some seepage though, same with any small engine. If no one has replied by time I get mine, I'll do an inspection and let you know if it's a weep hole or a vent.
Cool any inside info I’ll take..

No one way check on huasheng, you can run hose however you want. I just ran it towards ground, because I didnt have a catch can. Plus if you happen to overfill oil, it will push out excess oil by venting it to ground.

It's a touch over full on oil, theres supposed to be a hose where you are pointing, that runs to the carburetor. It's the crankcase breather. Find a piece of rubber hose that fits snug in hole & run it towards the ground, however long you wish to make it. Then add a fuel filter to end of hose to act as breather.
I’m running a speed carb, dumped the stock carb. I plan on rigging up a hose to run towards the ground maybe hook up a filter I have laying around to it. Thanks for all the info.

Instead of pointing the hose down so the oil drips out Maybe if ya point the hose up 1' no oil will come out

That's if ya don't have a one way air vent valve
Do you how to tell if this is a one way vent or not?

No one way check on huasheng, you can run hose however you want. I just ran it towards ground, because I didnt have a catch can. Plus if you happen to overfill oil, it will push out excess oil by venting it to ground.
So that is basically a over flow port?

So that is basically a over flow port?
Not really a overflow port but a vent port, the reason the hose ran to carburetor is to pull in oil fumes/oil vented from the crank case, & then the engine burns it. The older engines were just vented to atmosphere.

Sounds like it won't have an oil spitting problem, just a little oil vents out when overfilled.
Dump on ground is OK, Unless ya don't want to mark any territory. Then use a catch (puke) can or a CAOS

Back