Cutting and welding stock exhaust?

Al Regresar

Local time
3:31 AM
The stock exhaust on my P-85 kit hits the frame (ever so slightly) hand front wheel on my mongoose sycamore. A possible solution would be to cut out an inch from the pipe and weld it back on to the exhaust flange. Is this feasible with the quality Chinesium exhaust material? Have people done this before? Of course I could try to play with the motor mounts but I like the current position and the chain seems to line up perfectly.

Attachments

• 455A3338-5DD2-4774-9E20-667B05717E01.jpeg
    455A3338-5DD2-4774-9E20-667B05717E01.jpeg
    200.9 KB · Views: 81
  • E2C2CA91-FDAA-474A-B0B5-FF9B66B6DB6F.jpeg
    E2C2CA91-FDAA-474A-B0B5-FF9B66B6DB6F.jpeg
    141.5 KB · Views: 91
The better option is ordering a cnc front mount to raise the engine higher out of the way of the frame. @DAMIEN1307 made a front mount for his.
I am not at all sure if that will work or not with the Mongoose frame...They are not the same as beach cruiser frames and have been a little problematic in getting the motor kits to fit properly without lots of futzing around...here is the link to that mount anyways.

And a pic of my homemade mount.

IMG_0319.jpg

You will see in the pic that the front mount allowed me to be able to adapt the motor in such a way as everything fit OK...The built in swivel head allows you to angle things into place...Same with the store bought one too.

DSCN0229.JPG

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I am not at all sure if that will work or not with the Mongoose frame...They are not the same as beach cruiser frames and have been a little problematic in getting the motor kits to fit properly without lots of futzing around...here is the link to that mount anyways.

And a pic of my homemade mount.

View attachment 194983

You will see in the pic that the front mount allowed me to be able to adapt the motor in such a way as everything fit OK...The built in swivel head allows you to angle things into place...Same with the store bought one too.

View attachment 194984
Great! I already have one on order. I guess I was influenced by the old Dan Woods car show, ‘Chop, Cut, & Rebuild.’ Heh, heh…

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
That’s what I was thinking (rubber mallet time). However, there is still the matter of the exhaust and front tire contact when turning the wheel. I was thinking of borrowing some different forks (v2 bombers) from my mountain bike. These forks have a front disk brake, shimano xtr components, and a carbon fiber handle bars.

Back