Broken wristpin retaining clip

GreasyChris

Local time
6:18 PM
So I was out yesterday enjoying the Canada day long weekend ripping along on the bike. And all of a sudden there was a loud poof and the bike died.
I immediately thought I blew a crank seal. Headed for home and pulled the covers and the seals look good. It's dark now so I'll check it in ther morning.
Well i just got it apart and the retaing clip at the wristpin broke and destroyed the piston and jug. The broken piece jammed the rings in and that's the compression loss
20190701_092854.jpg
20190701_092900.jpg

Looks like my Canada day is going to be spent rebuilding this engine.

So I was out yesterday enjoying the Canada day long weekend ripping along on the bike. And all of a sudden there was a loud poof and the bike died.
I immediately thought I blew a crank seal. Headed for home and pulled the covers and the seals look good. It's dark now so I'll check it in ther morning.
Well i just got it apart and the retaing clip at the wristpin broke and destroyed the piston and jug. The broken piece jammed the rings in and that's the compression lossView attachment 88359View attachment 88360
Looks like my Canada day is going to be spent rebuilding this engine.
Well that sucks a big one!

Lol I have that same opinion. On the bright side it's given me a reason to try out this G4 jug
I think you will like it. Keep in mine the G4's are a little taller than the jugs on B type engines. It's hard to tell, but it looks like yours is a A type so it should be a match made in, well you know.

Back