Bogging,Sputtering

Don't quote me, I believe that to be for the 72mm shoes(gap for clearance on idle)

Whats the bolt pattern? for the Engine to drive setup. A honda gx35 is 78mm clutch, huasheng 142f is 78mm clutch. Once it gets daylight I can get a measurement, but if it's a staton friction drive I think either 1 of them engines will work.

This. Is. the. Engine.

This. Is. the. Engine.

Thanks, that looks like a good Japanese quality engine, I'm not crazy about that clutch set-up, it's exactly like the one that broke in the Solo engine after 6 miles, and I am really easy on this stuff ( I pedal assist). I am kind of spoiled with my Solex, it's been reliable mile-after-mile, and so easy to work on (that's not needed much). As a consumer, this kit made a bad impression on me, ran bad, broke, no warranty, just an overall poor product experience of friction drives. All the tips from you guys is appreciated.

This. Is. the. Engine.

The copy in your link says 78mm clutch, do you want to rethink your kit?

The copy in your link says 78mm clutch, do you want to rethink your kit?
$229 is not a bad price for that engine, If I buy another engine, I want to get it from someplace that has a warranty/return policy, so I don't get stuck with another $200 paperweight. I'll be sure and read the fine print and ask before the purchase. Thanks

Maybe I'm confused.

I know I said 72mm, but I wanna say they are actually at 76mm, 2mm clearance gap.

If you are referring to my kits as far as re thinking, mine DO NOT require a centrifugal clutch, they use handle bar locking clutch lever, a simple, basic maintenance free system.

I intentionally designed this to be less parts, less to break, and easy to work on. So far it's just that. I ran mine all summer with no issues except for a crappy china engine.

They can use ADA brand centrifugal clutch adapters for 54mm.

There is a huge market with engines in 54mm, mostly 2 stroke though.

Really though, after a couple years surfing these forums its apparent to me at least that clutch shoes, bells,etc are a constant issue, which is why I avoided them in my design.

Cheers!

$229 is not a bad price for that engine, If I buy another engine, I want to get it from someplace that has a warranty/return policy, so I don't get stuck with another $200 paperweight. I'll be sure and read the fine print and ask before the purchase. Thanks

Fyi, most places usually wont warranty a engine once fuel has been added.

To many variables for people to mess em up.

Back