Bogging,Sputtering

DDM.com is great, very quick to order and deliver and the customer service is amazing. I've been ordering roughly once a month for a year and have had no issues.

Any updates?
I made sure the carb and gaskets were all in tact, tight ,nothing leaking, did a general cleaning of the carb, it will run and idle on the bench, but will still bog under throttle. I contacted Solo Engines, and the rep said they were no longer making this model. I'll probably need another engine for my 1 .750" roller Stanton drive. I'd like to stay in that 2.5 - 3.0 HP range. I need a clutch spring for it, and I'll re-assemble and tinker a little more, I thought this would be a quality piece I could get at least a few years use with vs. the China stuff. My Chinese Zeda has been great, runs, idles and generally reliable for a lot less money a much better product experience.

Friction drive back up and running, complete carb clean, re-assembly, freed-up air flow from the carb vent device, and replaced clutch spring , new schwalbe big apple tires, and it's running pretty good so far .I have been riding the FD and the in-frame designs last few weeks. The FD (to me) is definitely easier to use, no holding the clutch, pedal starting, or chain maintenance, the vibration is also a lot less, pull-start and you're off. The in-frame design however looks much better, more motorcycle like vs. something hanging off the bike, and the chain drive seems to have a little more torque. The FD set-up needs the most reliable engine you can get, probably the Honda, and the reliability could be as good as yard equipment.

Attachments

• SOLO1.jpg
    SOLO1.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 142
Same for us,,, Our supplier only handles Zeda since he's received the least amount of issues with them...

Hes handle about 7 different brands and they were OK,,, but sometimes there a real mess at times...

Your 2 and 4 stroke booging issues are easy too solve,,, address the easy simple stuff first,,, it would cost you next too nill too perform many of the tests...

Jt

Back