Basket case build

Got a basket case bike for next to nothing I'm trying to keep the budget low Around 100$.

Originly was going for a cafe build but did a quick 180 and decided to go with a early motorcycle style build.

Stay tuned ill post daily with updates. I should have a pile of parts waiting for me when I get home.

1000002487.jpg
1000002496.jpg
1000002497.jpg
1000002507.jpg

Maybe you could add some small cooling fins on it?
Im not worried that it will melt it prints at 200c/ around 400f, im more concerned with longevity. PLA will brakes down in UV light and im sure temp cycles cant help it any.

If it lasts a year it will be well worth it. Even with failed prints I have maybe 3$ worth of material in it and I have the file ready to print again.

Im not worried that it will melt it prints at 200c/ around 400f, im more concerned with longevity. PLA will brakes down in UV light and im sure temp cycles cant help it any.

If it lasts a year it will be well worth it. Even with failed prints I have maybe 3$ worth of material in it and I have the file ready to print again.
Can you print it in a more stable material?

Yes but don't have any handy. learning to print with new material is a rabbit hole I don't want to go down at the moment lol.
I was thinking of getting a 3d printer to make molds for casting. So far I've come up with Cura software and this printer.

I'm not just jumping into this like I usually do. I will probably wait until fall before I get one. Just thought I'd ask someone who knows what they are doing. Thanks.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I was thinking of getting a 3d printer to make molds for casting. So far I've come up with Cura software and this printer.

I'm not just jumping into this like I usually do. I will probably wait until fall before I get one. Just thought I'd ask someone who knows what they are doing. Thanks.
Ender 3 v2 is not a bad printer! But there are better options for that price. look into the newer ender V3 its actualy cheeper than the v2 prints faster and has loads of features. Just so you have some form of baseline for fast. My flashforge creator max maxes out around 80 mm per second the the v3 maxes out at 250 the print above took 13 hours.

If your new to printers the ender series is a great place to start. If you got the money (let me go puke a little for suggesting this) Bamboo is another good option very easy to use its enclosed very fast and there are plenty of bamboo fan boys that can answer questions when they aren't too busy trash talking every other printer brand.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Thanks guys. I'm also thinking of a cnc machine to cut foam patterns directly. Guess I'd better get both. Lol.

This is such a new world for me. Probably way harder and way more expensive than I think.

Back