Avenger 85 help

Yes, I have a hill that I use to test how well an engine will pull. Most 66/80 won't pull it and fall 60 feet short of the top. The phantom and avenger are running 16mph. to 20mph. when going over the top!

I have a couple YD100's that barely make it over the top also.

Yes, I have a hill that I use to test how well an engine will pull. Most 66/80 won't pull it and fall 60 feet short of the top. The phantom and avenger are running 16mph. to 20mph. when going over the top!
So far as you know at the moment, which one hit that hill the best???

Mine is lasting so well, I bought a V-3 to go along with my V-2 for swap out purposes if it ever goes down...I Don't really ride it hard though, I'm happy doing 30 to 35MPH using just 1/4 throttle...I occasionally will ride at 45 MPH when traffic on the main drag in town warrants it though, it has no problems doing that at just around 1/2 throttle at the most...It has plenty of "Ooomph" to it to suit me...lol.

Thank you for your insight. I had also thought of this and returned everything to stock for testing purposes (everything accept the bearing shields that I drilled for added lubrication). The issue remains constant. I believe, due to the port shape, there is less fuel oil mix going into the lower case, as it is bypassing it, going straight from the intake to the transfers. This would explain the short seal life. I also believe that the bearing shields acted as a buffer for crankcase pressure/vacuum, which are more extreme on these engines due to thicker crankshaft, no reed/less case volume. This would explain why some are able to run without shields while others can not. I will test the viton seals and let y'all know how that went.
Are you saying you replaced the seals in the crankcase, then blocked them off? That would be a death wish for the bearings right there.

This is the Avenger, Phantom and MS380 pistons. All are 51.8mm diameter, avenger is 40.5mm height while phantom and ms380 are 39.3 height.

Attachments

• 20240205_061640_HDR[1].jpg
    20240205_061640_HDR[1].jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 47
Back