ANYbody knows MB clubs from NYC?

The reason for the cops giving all these tickets. the cyclists miss people by inches at over 15 mph, I had several come close to hitting me. Not all behave this way, but there are enough incidents that occur daily to make you understand. There are many pedestrians injured everyday, and the cyclist just keeps going. If you go on You Tube you can see crazy races they have in midtown.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv-ISen-UTQ see for yourself this is the extreme, but there are a lot of copy cats.

I hope you don't think I wanted to rain on your parade, Channel 5 reported the story about cyclist who are crude & rude. If your lucky you can get away with ninja style, but not likely. I'm just glad your now aware of the current situation, better hearing about it then getting surprised by the police. Take care.

I know about the war with bikes & cops.... but still a MB Chapter would be nice to have in NYC. Are you scared of the cops so much your not going to ride ?

Ok you guys... here it is plain and simple...
Individually we have no voice.
We first need to form a club, and we need NUMBERS!
5 or 6 guys on a Sunday morning ride wont do it.

After we have those numbers, we first lobby on the state level to legalize Moto bikes, this includes gassers as well as electrics by means of classifieing moto bike as home built mopeds so they can be registered.

Once we have that statue, we then lobby on the local level (city Hall ) to let local law enforcement know we are there as responsible and safe LAW ABIDING citizen riders and we ARE NOT GOING AWAY.

This "ninja" and "kamikaze" stuff gives all riders a black eye. Do so at your own peril...
Its alot of work to be sure, they aren't going to make it easy, heck... in fact they will make us jump through a number of flaming hoops.
I've considered starting a club, but as I said, its alot of work, I'm semi retired, but still work two jobs, I just dont have the time required.
I'd be happy to discuss this with anyone who is interested and willing to bare some of the responsibility in co founding and administering a N.Y. club.
Un till then, ill rely on my over sized muffler, fast fingers on the kill switch and clutch-
(being ready to peddle at the mere whiff of the Po Po) and good riding habits.
I once suggested making a days event out of it by holding an endurance race along the Verrassano narrows promiade from the 69th street pier to Bay Parkway which is a very nice ride.

It was once posted here but has been stricken for some reason.
BBB

Interested parties can hit me up in p/m.

Wow buzbikebklyn1, you seem to put your best foot forward on that idea and I think we ALL need be behind this even if you don't live in the state. Your right when you said numbers do matter, which brings up some ideas of my own. The first thing is just getting are "Brother in arms" together and making the chapter, just so everyone knows the amount of people who do have motorized bikes. Second is getting getting numbers(signed supporters and sponsors) , records (Cases and Laws from all states), and "basic info" to support the change we want to do. Hosting public cook-outs and events will get the public up to speed on this "war" and get us on the radar. Like you said, a lot of time will have to be put into this, but if we have some organization on how many people is in the NYC area, this can turn into something big...

Change Starts with one person taken action, and that action is now!

Excellent! dark6ness, glad to have you on board.
The rest of you New York M/B'ers need to get motivated and join in, the more the better.

PLEASE DONT CALL IT A WAR! this is not a war, we are not doing anything illegal nor are we being revolutionary, but if you put it like that, the powers that be WILL take a set against us. THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE, PLEASE!

First we need a name,... for now we can call it the
"New York Moto Bikers Club" hence forth to be known as the "N.Y.M.B.C". Ill come up with a logo when I have a chance.

The requirements are simple, to become a member you must first register. Dues and what not can be voted on later once we have some numbers, lobbying representatives costs money and time If you guys REALLY want this you will get off your over padded saddles and lend a hand.

To even be taken seriously by "our" law makers we need at least 500 names on a petition to introduce pro Moto bike legislation.
You MUST vote and be ready to contact your local Representative and insist on this new legislation have there backing or guess what? Next election time they loose our votes, I know its difficult and takes some effort on our parts but I think its worth it.

A quick story-
Back when I was a Highway Patrolman for the County of Hudson Florida, the D.M.V. wanted to start taking away senior citizens drivers licenses on the premise of failing sight and reflexes...
Florida has no mass transit system, few buses, no trains and taxi cabs cost a fortune...
The Seniors all got together, petitioned there local representatives and had a statute passed that allowed for a senior over 85 years of age to keep there drivers licenses if they passed a yearly eye exam... it passed overwhelmingly, heck, I even voted for it.
This demonstrates the power of voting in a block.
Get it? got it? good.
I'm willing to try, but you guys need to step up.
Contact me in P/M and we will work out details here, on this thread.
Nothing to it but to do it.
BBB

Last edited:
LoL

Well THAT's REALLY politics, isn't it?

The AARP is one of the most powerful voting blocks in the country.
You can take that to the bank.

Any further comments I might make would be politics on my part, and I'm not allowed to do that here on this board.

Good luck!
rc

LoL

Well THAT's REALLY politics, isn't it?

The AARP is one of the most powerful voting blocks in the country.
You can take that to the bank.

Any further comments I might make would be politics on my part, and I'm not allowed to do that here on this board.

Good luck!
rc

Thats what p/ms are for Rusty.
BBB

Back