79cc 4 stroke frame mount build

sorry its been so long since ive been on.
the engine is on the bike.
just needs a throttle and the chain needs to be put on along with the chain gaurd but other than that good to go.

the braces needed remade cause they didnt fit after we reinforced the rack.
and did some other things.

got a light for my bike as well.

and no theres no blueplans. just the original rack that was on the bike with 2 steel plates welded on, one on top and bottem. then drilled out the holes and made new braces that were sturdier and fit right. and painted it all.

There is a bolt that holds the arm on the gearbox just loosen the bolt so the governor inside has no affect on your golf cart. Also you will have to cut the wire to the ignition box on the engine. It has a built in rev limiter and the engine will cut off at the higher engine speeds. You will see it on the front of the engine underneath, a flat tin box with wires going in, I think it is the black on you cut. Have fun, Dave
Here's a shot of the engine on my golf cart. This is the way they do it around here. (Then again I also had my mechanic swap gears so I could get even more top end at the cost of some torque. 28 MPH isn't bad for a golf cart)

Got some info from HF's tech support department re the 79cc engine. I was looking for torque/hp curves. (for fitting a CVT to this engine.)

HF Tech Support said:
The manufacture does not supply a curve chart, however they did reply stating that maximum torque is 4.0 Newton meters (approx 3 ft. lbs.) @3000 rpm. Maximum HP [2.5HP] is around 3800 rpm.
For reference here's the HF engine, and the two Hondas (GXH50 and GX100) which bracket the HF engine:

Engine: Max Net Power / Torque
GXH50: 1.6 KW(2.2 PS, 2.1bHP) @7000 RPM / 2.7 N·m (2.0 ft. lb) @ 4500 RPM
HF-79: 1.9 KW(2.5 HP) @ 3800 RPM / 4.0 N·m (3.0 lbf·ft) @ 3000 RPM
GX100: 2.1 kW(2.9 PS, 2.8 bHP) @ 3600 RPM / 5.7 N·m (4.2 lbf·ft) @ 3600 RPM

If you plotted the power and torque for these three engines, versus displacement, all three points would fall almost exactly on a straight line.

As indicated here, the HF engine is closer to the GX100 than to the GXH50. (The mounting hole pattern appears to the be same as the GX100, also...)

Last edited:
OK....I just bought a HF 79cc on saturday. Thought Id visit my local(50mile one way) Harbor Freight store. They had them on sale for $89....I bought the warrantee for $19. which gave me a 20% off coupon on my whole order. All my stuff came to $104. I ordered a stretch cruise frame today and there is the beginning of a new build. Im a big SOA fan so it gonna be called "Bobby Elvis". Stay tuned....I have some interesting drive line ideas.

Back