seat and down tubes are too narrow for engine mount

bigboi4672

Local time
5:48 AM
Hello, i bought the run of the mill 53 cc 4 stroke from ebay and put it on a huffy good vibrations bike frame. the issue is that like the title says the seat and down tubes are so narrow that the mount cant accommodate it. ive attached a video showing the gaps and the movement in the set up. any recommendations on what can be done about this would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome, no pics to see. Maybe there's a post thresh hold before you can post?

Lets pick this apart here. I just stated there are no pics, right? There are no pics. Then I said there might be a thresh hold to post pics, right? What am I missing here?

What am I missing here?
The only thing your missing is he said VIDEO, (not pics), which is what old folks would call moving pictures, movies. or motion pictures...lol.
There are no thresholds as regards video's since they cannot be directly downloaded to the forums but must use a third party app such as youtube or Rumble to play host to the video one would wish to present.

He was not referring to pics or pictures which were called "still" photographs back in the day but are now mostly digital format "still" pics...lol.

ive attached a video showing the gaps and the movement in the set up.
We will endeavour to get you up to the 20th Century yet Darwin...lol...We will work on the 21st Century once you finally get up to the 20th...lol...lol.

And as for your deleted referrence to me as "Dear Leader", you can save that one for Kim Jong Un...lol...lol.

I'm a kinder, gentler, despot...lol...You can just refer to me as the Imperious Leader...lol...That will do just fine...lol...lol.

i forgot to attach the link😞
youtube Link
Is the frame made of steel? Do you know how to weld? Do you have a welder?

If you've answered yes to all of these questions; the diameter of the seat and down tubes can be increased by cutting a slightly larger steel pipe across the diameter to make curved shims. These can then be welded to the seat and down tubes to increase their diameters.

Is the frame made of steel? Do you know how to weld? Do you have a welder?

If you've answered yes to all of these questions; the diameter of the seat and down tubes can be increased by cutting steel pipes across the diameter to make curved shims. These can then be welded to the seat and down tubes to increase their diameters.
no i dont know how to weld, would a two part epoxy be sufficient to get the same result? jb weld comes to my mind

Back