19 teens Excelsior tribute bike build

IMG_20231227_010715385.jpg
IMG_20240115_023508619.jpg
IMG_20240115_023508619.jpg
IMG_20240115_023457860.jpg

No. Cent. clutch with a jack shaft thru the bottom bracket. I rebuilt this 72 B&S 5hp engine but am looking for a reasonably priced IC 5hp to build for this bike. I removed the Gov. on this motor so I can use a Mikuni 22mm carb. Should move along nicely at around 40mph. Once I get the IC engine built I can most likely hit 60-70mph. I went whole hog and spent the money for Gemini racing rims to ensure I don't melt the hubs. I will be installing one hydraulic brake on the rear and two on the front with a possible foot operated emergency brake for the rear. Not sure about that yet. Winter in ND is more for planning and buying materials than building.

No. Cent. clutch with a jack shaft thru the bottom bracket. I rebuilt this 72 B&S 5hp engine but am looking for a reasonably priced IC 5hp to build for this bike. I removed the Gov. on this motor so I can use a Mikuni 22mm carb. Should move along nicely at around 40mph. Once I get the IC engine built I can most likely hit 60-70mph. I went whole hog and spent the money for Gemini racing rims to ensure I don't melt the hubs. I will be installing one hydraulic brake on the rear and two on the front with a possible foot operated emergency brake for the rear. Not sure about that yet. Winter in ND is more for planning and buying materials than building.
What I've been suggesting lately is a CVT to a jackshaft to the rear wheel. This allows you to run a smaller sprocket on the rear wheel. It also gives you hill climbing torque without sacrificing level ground top speed.

Back