Analog Speedometer

Good news about the cable, Mr. Tater... how about the reader? It sounds like that's the weak link in this setup...

well, ive never had a problem with mine, but the reader on mine looks oddly similar to the ones on my dad's harleys. and his are all metal. id go to your local harley dealership and ask to see some readers. just remember when shopping for a speedo, its not the reader or the cable that determines the readout, its what size wheel the speedo is designed for.

you could always get a digital one, just make sure to route far away from the c.d.i, and the sparkplug/wire or you will get very odd readings.

I've been in contact with the seller, and she's agreed to send a replacement for the whole setup. The new one is on its way, and she's even sending a postage-paid envelope so I can return the seemingly defective unit. This is turning out to be one of the best ebay sellers I've ever dealt with, so we'll see how it goes from here.

Thanks for all your help, everybody - hopefully this replacement works.

yeah the lady at bike world is cool. i ordered a lot of stuff from her last year.

I have the exact same analog speedometer as Molotov.

I'm trying to put it on a go-kart. Does anyone need to know where I can find a longer cable. I need one that is about 4'.

Speedo

I have one, but only cause it looks cool. If you want accurate readings get a digital. Also, As you can see if you look close enough, it's not holding up very well. The needle is stuck at 5mph. It goes up, then comes back down to 5mph. The small 16" wheel I'm using makes it read 30mph when I'm only doing 15mph. I know, we clocked it with a car. But I allow for that and realize I'm not REALLY doing 60. :giggle:

Attachments

• SUNP0024.jpg
    SUNP0024.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 613
Back