seized!

Because it makes me look purposeful when driving on the freeway, just like BMW X5 drivers who have uber expensive road racing bikes permanently attached to the roof of their vehicle; with spoke nipples showing surface rust on the bottom part of the bicycle wheel as the bikes never leave the roof rack.

Sometimes you've got to make those people experience true envy.
Think of my actions as a civic duty.

:ROFLMAO:

ahhhh, much like riding my pitbike down the trails, to annoy the desperados with their lil thumpies strapped (bolted) into the back of their ute's rendered useless because its apparently "fully sik" to blend the tailgate into the side panels, so it can never be put down again...

my rusty spokes and nipples are used weekly :) chain squeaks nicely too :)

WHY???? WHY DO THEY DO IT?

I have been reliably told that everyone should visit/tour around Kangaroo Island at least once.
From the map, it's about 150km across, so that should work out to around 300+ kilometers around the coast line.

A perfect trip for the warmest of the summer months, considering it's an island and unabated sea winds slam straight into its west-south-west flanks.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Kangaroo+Island,+South+Australia/@-35.53101,136.9934097,238350m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x6aad79770da3899f:0xf03365545b9c490

looks like it isnt going to happen.

nothing to do with me, reliability, distance, or anything like that.

new legislation coming in, october 1.

our honourable transport minister has decreed that motorised bicycles shall be banned.

at least, this is what ive just been told. im furiously googling for actual substantiation on this subject.

ah huh! here we are!

http://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/media-releases/banning-petrol-powered-bikes-save-young-lives

remember my thread about some snot faced brat that did the runner from the cops and wound up dead? not wearing a helmet, ignoring his parents, etc etc etc.

didnt i say, "goodbye motorised bicycle?"

well...the time has come.

looks like i just have to go and fix my old postie up again, or think about actually going and getting my car license. despite how frustrating it is to be driving on the roads now...

thankyou duncan ***... not.

haha!

his last name just got censored!

its another word for happy or *****, 3 letters.

haha again! i cant say "how *****" either!

(even if i went electric, and carried a small generator...they could say that its "petrol powered"...)

no point finishing the dyno for these things anymore. no point hanging around on this site anymore. no point LIVING anymore.

this sucks.

Last edited:
i hate australia. i hate this "protect ourselves from ourselves" ideology.

im looking to emigrate to a country where i can do what i want. stuff ya standard of living. im sick of being on much the same wage as ten years ago, despite the cost of absolutely everything tripling, quadrupling, more.

im sick of these immigrants from other countries that hold out their hands expecting welfare and housing and that everyone kiss their a$$...

im sick of this so called "land of the free"...

that's what you get for living in a country full of people who bend over for lawmakers who only want to pass ineffectual feel-good laws. My country is guilty of the same thing, but at least we still got our guns to fall back on.

If only the politicians would have some sense and start blaming the problems on people instead of inanimate objects. The bike never told the kid to run from the cops into traffic

it didnt tell him to disobey his parents, it didnt tell him not to wear a helmet, it didnt tell him not to buy the thing or ride it without brakes...

no leniency...no "only over 16" or such ruling. just a plain, outright ban on "petrol powered or any internal combustion powered assistance"...i was hoping it would say only petrol powered, but no...someone realised LPG, diesel and alcohol are still (barely) viable...

leaving me with one glaring loophole... :)

whats about external combustion?

yeah, everyone reckons steam is dead, though its powering my computer as i type, powering just about everything really, unless youre in a solar powered house, "off the grid" and the solar cells or similar just happen to have also been made via wind power or some such thing...cus isnt every power station using steam turbines still?

oh, i always wanted to do a steam powered bike! now i have incentive!

dont worry fabian...this ruling will come down your way too...in fact, im surprised its ONLY NSW so far... usually vic seems to lead the way with anal draconian measures... :)

it didnt tell him to disobey his parents, it didnt tell him not to wear a helmet, it didnt tell him not to buy the thing or ride it without brakes...

no leniency...no "only over 16" or such ruling. just a plain, outright ban on "petrol powered or any internal combustion powered assistance"...i was hoping it would say only petrol powered, but no...someone realised LPG, diesel and alcohol are still (barely) viable...

leaving me with one glaring loophole... :)

whats about external combustion?

yeah, everyone reckons steam is dead, though its powering my computer as i type, powering just about everything really, unless youre in a solar powered house, "off the grid" and the solar cells or similar just happen to have also been made via wind power or some such thing...cus isnt every power station using steam turbines still?

oh, i always wanted to do a steam powered bike! now i have incentive!

dont worry fabian...this ruling will come down your way too...in fact, im surprised its ONLY NSW so far... usually vic seems to lead the way with anal draconian measures... :)
So sad, sounds like it's time to overthrow the gov, if it goes full AU Fabian's life will be cut.

so what is the NSW that is mentioned in the article quoted below?
HS here we race on the streets and there are no laws concerning motorized bicycles. but this "wild west" has many disadvantages too.

Minister for Roads and Freight Duncan *** has announced from Wednesday 1 October all petrol-powered bicycles will be banned on NSW roads and road related areas due to the serious road safety risk.

Minister *** said this is national safety issue, with restrictions already in place in some states such as Queensland.

“Given the safety risks associated with petrol-powered bikes, I didn’t want to wait for a national position,” Minister *** said.

“We saw three lives lost last year including the tragic loss of a young 14 year old boy in Western Sydney. That’s three lives too many.

“Petrol-powered bicycles operate like a motorcycle, making them a serious road safety hazard in young hands.

“These bikes can travel at high speeds but their brakes and other safety components are only designed for standard bicycles. This means they take much longer to stop than a standard bike, greatly increasing the risk of crash.

“We’ve seen too many injuries and lives lost because of these bikes and I make no excuse for putting my foot down to get rid of them.

“Under changes to NSW laws, the ban will include all bicycles that have had a petrol-powered engine attached after purchase, were purchased with a petrol-powered engine or are powered by any type of internal combustion engine.

“The changes won’t prevent people from riding power-assisted bicycles that use a combination of electric motors and pedalling and have appropriate safety requirements.

“Legal bicycles from 1 October include regular bicycles with no engines attached, complying 250 watt pedelacs and 200 Watt power assisted pedal bicycles that are powered by an electronic motor. The legislation on mopeds and motorcycles will remain unchanged,” Minister *** said.

Information about the changes can be found at: roadsafety.transport.nsw.gov.au

not ALL of australia. just NSW so far, but the other states will quickly follow suit...

nsw is the state i live in. if you look at a map of australia, youll see its quite a large state here...

http://www.bobinoz.com/australias-states/new-south-wales/

california and new mexico.... quite a large area, most of it unpopulated.... mostly desert.

mmmmm...latin american women..... i couldnt handle the men in brazil though, from experience theyre all morons. columbians are pretty hard workers. as for the other places...who knows? now...how to emigrate? what to do for work? arrrgh!

nah, im just gunna bite the bullet and try buying a motorbike today. and if i get one fine in the next 10 months...im off the road for the next two years after that. great :) did i happen to say DRACONIAN?

just found an rgv 50 on ebay for 2000....lol :giggle: i think theyll still clear 100 an hour... license destroyer!

that's what you get for living in a country full of people who bend over for [lawmakers...] but at least we still got our guns to fall back on.

That's the critical difference between the majority of Australians (who roll over to draconian government laws at the drop of a hat) and a large percentage of American's, who are armed to the teeth (particularly in the southern states) and will never give up their freedoms and guns without one huge fight.

I had the opportunity to talk with a lady from America, some time ago, and she said that the government might enslave the people in the northern states but they will "NEVER" take down the people in the southern states, short of dropping a few nukes on them.
Before people criticise American gun culture, they need to look deeper into who the real criminals are, and the people standing in the shadows, waiting (or creating the right moment) to enslave the people by taking the only thing off them that gives protection against a government which does not in any way work in the interests of the people.

Australians only have themselves to blame for letting the government take away their guns

The irony in such a situation is that "do-gooders" will seek protection from those people who have guns stashed away; when things things get bad enough that their lives are in great danger.

The bike never told the kid to run from the cops into traffic

I agree.

My argument each and every time. The same logic applies to guns, drugs, medical products, recreation devices and alcohol, tobacco and gambling.
Why must i "ALWAYS" be penalised for the irresponsible behaviour of someone else?

Last edited:
Back