Your goal posts have to be inline with reality.

Sadly too many people have unrealistic expectations. I think the bike im building is a little out of reach for me, but not too bad. The main thing Im running in to is the bracing joints. If I weld them it can mess up the existing braze joints, and if I braze them it can mess up the existing braze joints. Brazing has a significantly less chance of messing up the current joints, but it is still possible. I also have no clue how to braze.
Brazing isn't hard, you just need to control the heat. It is a lot like soldering just way hotter, in a way it is more forgiving than solder. Every thing must be very clean and keep your head out of the smoke of the flux.

Personally I like brazing better than welding for ease of making a good looking job.

Brazing isn't hard, you just need to control the heat. It is a lot like soldering just way hotter, in a way it is more forgiving than solder. Every thing must be very clean and keep your head out of the smoke of the flux.
It didn't turn out so well lol. Im gonna tey some bronze filler tig welds on the rest to keep some flexibility in the joints. If I were doing something smaller and less important I would continue with the brazing, but I don't want to ruin this bike frame.

It didn't turn out so well lol. Im gonna tey some bronze filler tig welds on the rest to keep some flexibility in the joints. If I were doing something smaller and less important I would continue with the brazing, but I don't want to ruin this bike frame.
I just had a look at the brazing on your frame. Looks good, you got it to stick well, that's the most important thing. You could go back and fill it up in spots to add more material to create a thicker fillet. More than good enough. Once it's painted it will be beautiful.

Btw, what kind of torch are you using? I sold my oxy/ acy set a few years ago and just have a Bernsomatic auto light and use Mapp gas. It's ok for small stuff barely.

I just had a look at the brazing on your frame. Looks good, you got it to stick well, that's the most important thing. You could go back and fill it up in spots to add more material to create a thicker fillet. More than good enough. Once it's painted it will be beautiful.

Btw, what kind of torch are you using? I sold my oxy/ acy set a few years ago and just have a Bernsomatic auto light and use Mapp gas. It's ok for small stuff barely.
Map gas with a high intensity torch head

Right here is great for brazing. Plus it's small & portable & got other torch heads for soldering & such.
Screenshot_20231018-123408_Chrome.jpg

Back