Working on my Next Build a Hybred

inspectorcritic

Local time
12:34 AM
Some guy in town just laid a 1000 watt hub on me today Scott free!
Some parts but not all gonna half to order the controller. So I'll have 2 wheel drive this hub goes to front.

I'll probably just use it in reserve or for pedal take offs facing a hill the other day I had 5 miles more to go from 50+ mile trip wasn't sure 8f I could make finally gave bought a half gallon and 3 ounces of oil pump tip it off I had just 3¢ worth of fuel left, I would of never made it. But an electric spare ride would of covered me.

Why is it folks with electric bike don't buy Dynamo s and charge there bikes while riding?

I'm thinking of a wind turbine 12 volts 100 watts for hundred bucks has pinecone looking propeller would that work attach to the rear of the bike it's 23" prop?🙃
IMG_20200601_134007.jpg
IMG_20200601_134007.jpg

Honestly the dynamo would create more drag on the tire and the electric motor than it would generate. You're asking about perpetual energy. To the general public it doesn't exist yet. You could flip the dynamo away from the wheel during uphill rides and use it down hill on the way down to regen some electricity back but it's not 100%efficient. You won't get the energy on the way down that it took to get up to the top. Still get some back though. Not worth the $ or weight in my opinion, I'd just spend that $ on a better battery. You'll never see the raw energy density of gasoline in battery form though unless you make a micro nuclear powered bike. They probably had those in the 50s honestly.

Back