Wildcat80 racing engine

Scwhinn occ chopper

IMG_20240128_010026_877.jpg

Air/ Fuel screw closest to the Air filter. Turn all the way in gently. Then this:

1/4 TURN is a quarter of a half moon?
1/2 TURN IS clockwise of the screw head once.
1 FULL TURN IS clockwise of the screw head twice

It is recommend factory setting your air fuel screw 2 and half turns out to 3 full turns.

Speed screw is the projected screw with the exterior spring center of the PZ16. It is regularly recommended to turn in all the way gently then 3 full turns out. HOWEVER. With this carb it's the opposite it seems just for this screw. Screw the IDLE/RPM screw all the way out until it's not threaded. Then gently seat it. now try 3 full turns in.

Hold your clutch in idle at a full stop. Now breifly rev your engine from yoru throttle grip half way. Very brief full revs are ok but be mindful this engine isn't fully broken in! Habbit to use full revs only on cold starts not driving. Adjust your rpm screw as necessary. For a very detailed and educated guide to carb tuning check out these two videos.

These are of two people who are highly educated and experienced.

Ok speed demon I did exactly as you said and it's now idling perfectly. Thanks my friend.

I messed around for hours trying different variations seems the airscrew is better at 2 full turns 1/8 or 2.5 turns

Back