Whizzer wiring

Hi Everyone,

All is well!!!

After talking to lillback44 on the phone, I understand why he is so frustrated. Considering what he has been through I am surprised he hasn't attacked his Whizzer. Sadly I wasn't available when this all started, and even worse, has spent hundreds for parts that he didn't need or will be able to use.

I am going to explain what happened, hoping it doesn't happen to others.

If you read my earlier post, I mention the wiring is different on the later NE-r and Ambassador. If you were to purchase a wiring harness via the current system [Taiwan Joe], which harness do you suspect you would receive? I think it would be the last version used on the Whizzer NE-r and Ambassador, NOT any Whizzer made prior to 2008. Also note Mason_man spotted the problem when he supplied the photo of the stator and mentioned about the flywheel. It is important to note the timing trigger tab is not at the same location as the earlier WC-1 and NE motors, and is glued [welded] on and is difficult to move. The current flywheel from Taiwan is smaller and the way the drive pulley is attached makes me wonder what the engineer was drinking.

Well... the current inventory from Taiwan is DIGiTAL, whereas the WC-1 and NE motors were analog. Guess what, mixing analog and digital ignitions, just doesn't produce correct spark [most likely, never].

After he purchased the wrong harness, he was offered the CDI [digital] with 2 plugs, and a new stator so the plugs would all connect. Next he needed a new key switch and coil. Of course the flywheel is also different on the later digital systems [whoops, now he need a flywheel].

This mess all started because the original harness had some wires cut [I guess to slim down the harness]. Perfect solution would have been purchasing the correct harness for his 2001 Whizzer from Whizzer USA or one of the authorized dealers or repairing the original.

He will be riding his newly acquired Whizzer soon, as I am going to fix his original harness.

See, this site does offer help and solutions [best information on the web]

Have fun,

Some awful nice people, too! Every post by Quenton is a treat and a great learning lesson, to boot.

Who knew about the wiring harnesses being different? Since I own an NER it looks like my supply of wiring harnesses is covered!:D for a long time!

Best wishes,
Mike
2008 NER

A WC-1, with some mean upgrades. that pacemaker II is gonna move.
Did i say WC-1's are my favs, like the NE-R, what can i say:)

Ray

Hey Mike and Ray, it sounds like Lillback44 may have a extra harness that will fit our NE-R's if we ever need one, or just have Quenton repair ours also. Lillback44, that is a good looking Whizzer! Ride in style!!

Russell

Hey Mike and Ray, it sounds like Lillback44 may have a extra harness that will fit our NE-R's if we ever need one, or just have Quenton repair ours also. Lillback44, that is a good looking Whizzer! Ride in style!!

Russell

Thanks RUSSELL, the NE-R came with lots of extra stuff.

The Pacemaker II are purty.....

Attachments

• DSCN3208.jpg
    DSCN3208.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 543
Beautiful Pacemaker II, Ray! That Maroon and Cream'Yellow paint scheme was really classy. A shame this paint scheme and style was never carried over onto the NE5's and NE-Rs.

Mike

I agree Mike, a lot of style and class. This is one of Brain Scott's, most all of the up grades were done by him, I'm adding a few of my tweaks.

Ray

Back