Whizzer Carburetor Replacement

Local time
6:52 PM
Greetings, after removing the motor on my WC-1, I will install a new cast iron Westman NE-5 cylinder and head that is being discussed in that thread.

After replacing the cylinder and head, I also have a new carburetor. I wanted to get opinions on this.

Is this a good carburetor (made in Japan) for this setup?

Attachments

• 1999-rplc-carburetor.jpg
    1999-rplc-carburetor.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 1999-rplc-spacer.jpg
    1999-rplc-spacer.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 72
  • 1999-rplc-carburetorB.jpg
    1999-rplc-carburetorB.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 1999-rplc-carburetorC.jpg
    1999-rplc-carburetorC.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 191
  • 1999-rplc-carburetorD.jpg
    1999-rplc-carburetorD.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 75
  • 1999-newhead.jpg
    1999-newhead.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 76
Thank you, I'm very annoyed at that because when I bought it from Paul, I said, "I'd rather it be from Japan than from China"!! Maybe he didn't know, or maybe he did.
I would expect that he did not know. Those are standard type carbs on the new whizzers for the most part. I was fooled by your first picture... did not read "Standard".. only Japan. Chainlube, how much is a Japanese one like that cost?

I would expect that he did not know. Those are standard type carbs on the new whizzers for the most part. I was fooled by your first picture... did not read "Standard".. only Japan. Chainlube, how much is a Japanese one like that cost?
That carb is probably 150 USD, I didn't pay that though. Something like $60 used. It's not for a little bike engine. It's a 40mm carb for a 400cc 2t.

I wouldn't hesitate to use the one @BufordTJustice posted, I've used lots china carbs in the past with success.

Sorry, you meant the one @BufordTJustice posted. Any idea what the bore is? Small bore carbs from Japan are hard to find new, most are outsourced to china.

OK it's a Kie Hin knock off what size carb is it anyways 20mm or 24mm

Thank you, I'm very annoyed at that because when I bought it from Paul, I said, "I'd rather it be from Japan than from China"!! Maybe he didn't know, or maybe he did.
Paul knows because he got it from Taiwan, It's a taiwan made Kei Hin knock off
BTW your Whizzer was made in Taiwan

Back