Where to find front hubs made for 12gauge spokes

UtiliD

Local time
1:32 AM
OK so what I'm looking for is sealed bearing front disc brake hubs that can be switched from quick release axles to 15mm through axle and vice versa.

At the very least I'd like to find sealed bearing front disc brake hubs that are just quick release and
Other hubs that just 15mm through axle

I want them to be 100mm outer locknut dimension. If I want to switch them to 110 for boost forks I'd just buy adapters.
Also I really prefer 36 hole hubs but I might be able to make 32 hole work.

I know people are going to say just drill out the hubs, use straight gauge 13g spokes with reducer nipples or use single butted 12/13 or 13/14 gauge spokes but that's not what I'm looking for. I want hubs that are designed & drilled for 12 gauge spokes from the factory.

I found 1 hub that meets my "at the very least" requirements but I'm hoping to find options that my many Google searches have not uncovered. All help is much appreciated thanks in advance.

Jay

Watching this one, I found 2 moped rims that will take motorcycle tires that are DOT approved. 19" rims and tires are almost the same size as 26" bicycle se up. Personally I would prefer Sturmey Archer front and rear brake hubs, I already have a front hub in my junk box. The 2 rims are at a local junk dealer.

15mm axle? That's huge for a bicycle. A lot of axle nuts take a 15mm just to get the nut off. Get your specs right so you don't order the wrong stuff. Check 3 times, order once!

15mm axle? That's huge for a bicycle. A lot of axle nuts take a 15mm just to get the nut off. Get your specs right so you don't order the wrong stuff. Check 3 times, order once!
LOL I've got them right it's called a thru axle(like I said) the front thru axles are most commonly 15mm. They are definitely more secure than quick release axles and 3/8" nutted axles. Very common on quality front suspension forks. There are rigid forks that use them too.
You think 15mm is big... a lot of downhill and other style mountain bikes have 20mm axles.

I don't known how it still amazes me that people take jabs and try to call people out/ correct people without any idea of what they're talking about or the simple effort of a google search prior to doing so.

I appreciate the thought but Im looking for just hubs. Hubs I can use with common mountain bike suspension forks.
I saw that site. They are close but, I want the hub to be easily transferable to different common suspension forks preferably ones where I can change the end caps to make the hub compatible with either a 15mm through axle or a regular quick release axle. I have rims and access to sapim 12g spokes for cheap.

I appreciate the thought but Im looking for just hubs. Hubs I can use with common mountain bike suspension forks.
I saw that site. They are close but, I want the hub to be easily transferable to different common suspension forks preferably ones where I can change the end caps to make the hub compatible with either a 15mm through axle or a regular quick release axle. I have rims and access to sapim 12g spokes for cheap.
I understand what you want i suggested the ghettobike hub because its 100mm with sealed bearings. I would assume you could knock out the bearing and replace it with a bearing to accept a 15mm thru axle. I recently ordered a set of the ghettobike wheels and would like to bolt them on some thru axle forks so I'm kinda in the same situation. I'll update you on what I come up with when my wheels arrive.

I understand what you want i suggested the ghettobike hub because its 100mm with sealed bearings. I would assume you could knock out the bearing and replace it with a bearing to accept a 15mm thru axle. I recently ordered a set of the ghettobike wheels and would like to bolt them on some thru axle forks so I'm kinda in the same situation. I'll update you on what I come up with when my wheels arrive.
Good call it should work... I'm trying so many different keywords but not having much luck. I would like to find a quick release version too. I'm thinking ebike companies are my best bet.

I did find this but it would only work on 110mm boost forks unless I can figure something out with the endcaps(it's 20mm ID which can be reduced to 15mm with a shim)

Good call it should work... I'm trying so many different keywords but not having much luck. I would like to find a quick release version too. I'm thinking ebike companies are my best bet.

I did find this but it would only work on 110mm boost forks unless I can figure something out with the endcaps(it's 20mm ID which can be reduced to 15mm with a shim)

Did you look at husky bicycles? I didn't look thru them all but they sell quality wheelsets,hubs and other parts.

Back