Weatherization/fuel ratio

edj707

Local time
2:09 AM
I just bought a wildcat plus and have a few questions. First it rains a lot this time of year and fairly heavy at times. What are some tips I can do to weatherize areas that need it and what parts should I be concerned about? Also what is the fuel ratio and type that is best for breaking it in?

25 to 1 is a good breakin mix. Some people say 16 to 1 but I think that is way too much oil.

The best advice I have to keep components in good shape is keep the electical parts as far from the ground as you can. A road or mountain bike frame is good for that. And make sure to keep bearings and chains greased and clean.

Dielectric grease on your electrical connections (plugs) will help keep them waterproof.
Don't leave your bike outside in the rain, don't ride in the rain or go riding if I know it's gonna rain ,
but sh^t happens, sometimes ya get caught in the rain

Put some silicon or some kind of waterproofing goop on the wires where they enter the case. Try to keep water out of the magneto housing.
If in doubt after a wet ride remove the cover and make sure it is dry. Moisture in there will kill it in short order.

Put some silicon or some kind of waterproofing goop on the wires where they enter the case. Try to keep water out of the magneto housing.
If in doubt after a wet ride remove the cover and make sure it is dry. Moisture in there will kill it in short order.
Brush on electrical tape works great at sealing the joints in the wire. It also is good to fix a small rip in a vinyl seat.

Back