Transfer ports

DieselTech

Local time
8:08 PM
I'm new to these 2 stroke engines & was curious on the closed transfer ports, can someone show me a picture of a good transfer port, I've been doing alot of reading on here, & they talk about transfer port shape & redirecting the transfer ports towards the intake. Can someone show me this or explain it. Even a drawing. I'm wanting to learn porting in time & just wanting some direction.

Check this out.
Some guys use JB, but I'm not a fan of anything that could come loose.

Thanks that's good info, my cylinder dont have open transfers like that. Do they refer to them as a closed transfer that are not open on the sides of cylinder?

Heres pic of the transfer port, the steel sleeve has a over hang, with a lip covering the roof of the transfer port. I guess that's what it's called?
20211013_075958.jpg
Is that bad? & needs corrected. Also you notice there's a knife like edge pointing towards the intake, does a person need to keep that shape or knife edge.

Heres pic of the transfer port, the steel sleeve has a over hang, with a lip covering the roof of the transfer port. I guess that's what it's called? View attachment 159274 Is that bad? & needs corrected. Also you notice there's a knife like edge pointing towards the intake, does a person need to keep that shape or knife edge.
Not bad, but not good either. Lol. Knock it down level. Keep the flow to the intake side so it swirls in the cylinder from intake to exhaust. If you change that angle and its wrong, it may short circuit and you'll lose massive amounts of power.

Back