Trailer Geeks I need your help

rwquiring

Local time
12:27 AM
What could be the possible explanations be for why my trailer is wobbling under power? I just got the Prototype finished and took it for a little jaunt down the street and it just wobbles from side to side as I pick up speed.

Attachments

• 0126200639_HDR.jpg
    0126200639_HDR.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 333
Did you build in any kind of alignment mechanism for the wheel? I hate to say it, but that mount looks a little flimsy.

Where it connects to the bike. If it had a mount on each side of the rear wheel, it probably wouldn't wobble. That set up sure looks powerful.

If it's wobbling I'd be looking at the rear trailer wheel for a bent rim, bubble in tire or a bent axle. If it was uneven weight distribution or frame alignment it just wouldn't trail the bike in a straight line.

If it's wobbling I'd be looking at the rear trailer wheel for a bent rim, bubble in tire or a bent axle. If it was uneven weight distribution or frame alignment it just wouldn't trail the bike in a straight line.

the rim is not bent, every thing else is good, I think that it might be weight distribution, I know that on big trailers the tongue weight is very important, would that hold true with this style of trailer? The cg seems a little to the rear to me, and there is just a little more weight on one side.

does is sway like this video?, if so your trailer might have to much rear axle weight (the axle might be to far forward)
also your trailer only has one wheel, which when you give it throttle it will move in the least amount of resistant causing it to want to go side to side (add to the fact that its a very large engine to begin with)

just some theorys.

Last edited:
The torque on a pusher trailer from the engine and wheel is going to lift on the tongue as well. I've never understood the desire for a motorized trailer but if i were to build one I'd make the wheel as far back as practical.

does is sway like this video?, if so your trailer might have to much rear axle weight (the axle might be to far forward)
also your trailer only has one wheel, which when you give it throttle it will move in the least amount of resistant causing it to want to go side to side (add to the fact that its a very large engine to begin with)

just some theorys.

I think you're right, I tried it this afternoon with about 30 lb of weight on the front of the motor and it seemed to track a whole lot better but I think it needs a little bit more down low. Thank you for the reply

I think you're right, I tried it this afternoon with about 30 lb of weight on the front of the motor and it seemed to track a whole lot better but I think it needs a little bit more down low. Thank you for the reply
Welcome, hope it works!

Back