Tom's Bike got JACKED!!!!!

I'm sure that with a small outlay of cash and a thrift store find Tom will be motoring again in no time but that was THE BIKE. The bike that started it all. And now some idiot will be trying to paint or just throw away the frame and salvage the engine Tom I know that is your baby but if you never see your bike again I hope that @#$%$ would be rolling away on a different bike and that engine just lock up on him and he gets hurt because he doesn't know what $#%^&$ 2 stroke oil is.
What a complete idiot. I would be simply lost if this ever happens to me.
Sorry for your trying time,Tom.

Anybody remember that first theft reported on the forum, I think it was in Santa Cruz, maybe mid 2007?? I believe that culprit was a teen-age sob story.

And that fuzzy green bike was stolen too, wasn't it?

Just wondering if anybody has ever followed through with prosecution. With the money we get involved in this hobby, it doesn't take much to throw it into the Grand Theft category.

We will know it's getting out of hand when the banditry shows up on X-Box video games, 29 mph getaways and all.

Thanks for the support guys! As far as how it was stolen: I lock it to the bike racks below my apartment every day. I use a new-ish kryptonite lock and lock the back of the frame and rear wheel to the bike rack. I wend down there Tuesday morning and notice that the bike rack had been cut. Shoulda known that the area wasn't too safe because of the "unicycle" locked to the rack next to me.

Anyway, Here are some pictures of the bike. I started a Stolen Bike Forum and posted a local CraigsList ad to hopefully get the bike back. I am just bummed because I had the thing for 3 years and it was worth a lot to me. However, my bike is worth next to nothing to the thief.

Thanks for offering to scrap some parts together to get me a new bike. Currently, I am looking for a regular (non motorized) bike to ride for the time being. (I am constantly finding myself riding my MB to the gym so that I can ride the exercise bike there).

I will be moving at the end of March and have more space to do some a larger projects. After seeing all the cool builds on here, I am going to want to do something a little more fun myself. I'll keep everyone posted.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 139
  • 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 130
  • 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 129
  • 100_2597.jpg
    100_2597.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 120
  • 100_2601.jpg
    100_2601.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 137
(I am constantly finding myself riding my MB to the gym so that I can ride the exercise bike there).

Now that's funny!!!
The other day, a friend of mine was walking on her treadmill....it was almost 70 degrees, outside!!! haha

Last edited:
You may not want it back

I got a call from the local Sheriff. Told me that they had my bike in their custody. Stolen on Christmas eve by the GRINCH. It was also locked up similar to the way yours was. Outside my friends apt complex. Sooo I went down to Police impound with my friend to get it. OOOOHHH - NNOOOO.. It was a mess. The theives ripped the wiring out to get it started & tried to make it look like a different bike. Then the bad news... They wouldn't let us take it because the city attorney had not formerly filed charges yet. To get the bike back all towing & storage have to be paid. So far the bill is 450.00 & growing to the tune of 65.00 per day. Granted that this bike was a little different than a reg motored bike. It was a Madass Clone with a lifan 125 motor. I sold the bike to my friend for 800.00 He didn't even get the paperwork back from the state before it was stolen. He can't afford to pay the 450.00 much less the additional storage charges. I suppose that the bike will sit in impound & rust for awhile & then be sold at the Police auction.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::

This just Ain't right!! The scumbag that stole it got busted with several stolen bikes in his garage. He's not in Jail...& the Police won't even tell who the guy is.

Good Luck Tom I hope you get your ride back in one piece by some dumb luck. I had a regular bike taken from my front yard when I was a kid I was so ****ed. Hey with any luck if they don't find your bike the engine will blow up with the scumbag riding it. :) That I think would be poetic justice to any rider that has ever had a bike stolen. That really sucks

Tom
Really sorry to hear about your bad luck. It's a shame that stuff like this happens all to often. I am a firm believer in CARMA. Old Mistress B****,CARMA. What goes around comes around ten fold!!! sooner or later. Maybe the guy will take your bike off roading, not noticeing the crack in the frame and WALLA...poetic justice. Hope you get it back though. Just throwin some black magic voodoo stuff out there for ya at the thie:devilish:ves...POPS

I got a call from the local Sheriff. Told me that they had my bike in their custody. Stolen on Christmas eve by the GRINCH. It was also locked up similar to the way yours was. Outside my friends apt complex. Sooo I went down to Police impound with my friend to get it. OOOOHHH - NNOOOO.. It was a mess. The theives ripped the wiring out to get it started & tried to make it look like a different bike. Then the bad news... They wouldn't let us take it because the city attorney had not formerly filed charges yet. To get the bike back all towing & storage have to be paid. So far the bill is 450.00 & growing to the tune of 65.00 per day. Granted that this bike was a little different than a reg motored bike. It was a Madass Clone with a lifan 125 motor. I sold the bike to my friend for 800.00 He didn't even get the paperwork back from the state before it was stolen. He can't afford to pay the 450.00 much less the additional storage charges. I suppose that the bike will sit in impound & rust for awhile & then be sold at the Police auction.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::

This just Ain't right!! The scumbag that stole it got busted with several stolen bikes in his garage. He's not in Jail...& the Police won't even tell who the guy is.

It seems like there is more than one thief at work here!

hi Tom

as all here on site -- sorry to hear this
maybe a lesson here also
noticed from your picture taken that bike rack looked to be cut only on one side
after seeing this we all need to remember to run cable or chain through both sides of rack
doubt it -- but may have made a difference

hope that it shows up and in good condition
so as to once more -- be riding that MB THING

Back