To buy the 85cc/110cc or not?

francisjohn

Local time
3:53 PM
Before I buy the 85cc/"110cc" is there anything I should know? I am very aware that port timing is horrific and the crank is usually nowhere close to 40mm. I am looking for a cheap project and think it would be fun. I love port timing so I don't mind.

I am wondering if an MS460 piston (12mm pin) would work? I know the intake timing would be affected as the piston is shorter.

Before I buy the 85cc/"110cc" is there anything I should know? I am very aware that port timing is horrific and the crank is usually nowhere close to 40mm. I am looking for a cheap project and think it would be fun. I love port timing so I don't mind.

I am wondering if an MS460 piston (12mm pin) would work? I know the intake timing would be affected as the piston is shorter.
From what ive seen of them they are only good for building a completely custom engine with a swa cylinder

If I can scrape up the cash to buy it I will

Dude is straight forward. I'd buy that for 80 but I live in the country next door so shipping is a different world.

I'm going to buy it most likely. Just waiting to hear back from diesel Originally I was going to buy the kit on eBay for $115 w/ tax, however there is too much uncertainty with the eBay listings.

1) Title, product details, and description text state "110cc, 52mm bore"
2) In the description, it lists the fakeplacement of "110cc/52mm bore" but then above the description says 100cc?

The photos are clearly a YD100. It clearly is a single piece cylinder, but you can see the manufacturer emblem on the case near the clutch cable guide. I messaged the seller and asked "Is this the 110cc/52mm bore or a YD100/100cc" and they responded with "100cc" which is confusing considering it says 110cc in three different places. I don't want to risk spending the money just to get a YD. I'm not against the YD, but it isn't what I want.

I'm going to buy it most likely. Just waiting to hear back from diesel Originally I was going to buy the kit on eBay for $115 w/ tax, however there is too much uncertainty with the eBay listings.

1) Title, product details, and description text state "110cc, 52mm bore"
2) In the description, it lists the fakeplacement of "110cc/52mm bore" but then above the description says 100cc?

The photos are clearly a YD100. It clearly is a single piece cylinder, but you can see the manufacturer emblem on the case near the clutch cable guide. I messaged the seller and asked "Is this the 110cc/52mm bore or a YD100/100cc" and they responded with "100cc" which is confusing considering it says 110cc in three different places. I don't want to risk spending the money just to get a YD. I'm not against the YD, but it isn't what I want.
I thought you was buying the 110cc engine from your reputable ebay supplier. Idk CDH is about as reputable as it comes.

Back