'The Beast' Reborn

The gearbox is found on eBay for $30.
Type 43cc gearbox or 43cc transmission in search.
The pinion shaft I believe is 9/16" around the outside but not positive. It could work with a pulley via setscrew.
Cheers,
-Low-

Not wanting to leave well enough alone, I went to Lowes today looking for some ceiling fan drop pipe. It fits the type of flex pipe I have to connect the expansion chamber to the engine header. They had an 18" pipe on sale for $1.00 (reg. $9.99) so I bought 2.
Instead of all the twisty's I had and the many connections, I replaced all that with a single slightly cut down (probably 14") straight pipe. I just completed the changes but its late & dark, so I wont test it out till tomorrow after work, but I'm expecting good things. If the engine/pipe sings, I'll leave it alone...if not, I'll cut some length out of it a little at a time till its perfect. I made good use of an old threadless stem that had a cracked faceplate (probably by overtightening the nuts unevenly). It is now attached firmly to the seatpost sideways & serves well as a rear muffler hanger. The next hanger forward is the same I had done before. The front is also supported by another hanger w/spring.
-Low-

Attachments

• The Beast w straight pipe routing3.jpg
    The Beast w straight pipe routing3.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 348
  • The Beast w straight pipe routing1.jpg
    The Beast w straight pipe routing1.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 333
  • The Beast w straight pipe routing2.jpg
    The Beast w straight pipe routing2.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 339
Just checked out the gear box, very interesting....has possibilities.
But for my peace of mind, come up with some kind of a chain guard.

Rawly,
If you look close-up at the right side of the bike, the 1 long piece of angle aluminum that braces the transmission also follow the top of the chain line and guards it (see post #62 3rd pic).
-Low-

With tatts, piercings, branding, sex-changes, and other body mutilation being all the rage, you could charge people to ride it (after signing a waiver of course) and call it the "roll the dice" body modification machine.With all your ingenuity I suggest it's time for an axle-mount work up.I love the bike itself, what's the brand/model?

Grinning,
Like most things I build, its suprisingly safe.
In this configuration, its by far the best accelerating MB I've constructed to date.
Wonder how it would do with a GP460 engine?
Maybe for the next project...
-Low-

Back