ThatsDax motor chain gets jammed

• Thread starter Keepthedrivetommy
  • Start date
Oh yeah, that CDI is fine! Right Tommy? If it started up after you taped the wire up, it's A-O.K.

Good save man! Fixed it all by yourself too. 8)

Ol Pete - Where did you get that Half link? I looked every ware. I tried to take one from my motorcycles and take it apart and make it smaller. Have fun,Dave
Ol' Pete said:
OK so it is the right chain and now it is just a bit short.
This has happened to me before on motorcycles.
Add a half link. Use real care not to let the tiny clip fly away during install.
Some use a tiny cottor pin iirc.

1633_half_link_1.jpg

I fought with the drive sprocket on all my engines. The base circle for the drive sprocket is so small you have to round those teeth over, and kill some of the height. There is an article out there somewhere that shows how to do it. It will never break in so fix it or forever hold your piece. Have fun, Dave

I dont really know what the CDI is, but everything is A OK. I just need to find one of those half links. I called my local motorcycle dealership, and they only had masterlinks. I really need a half, so if anyone knows where, feel free to share.

The other thing I would like to know is how to install the spedometer that I got from Dax. I dont know if anyone has one, but I am clueless on where it attaches to the wheel.

pull the wheel and the part with the pongs mounts over axle (the prongs fit between spokes)
re-install front wheel
run cable to speedo head
if it doesn't work, spin the pronged part so you can screw cable to other side (it is so you can mount on left or right side of wheel) it looks like a valve cap, unscrew it an screw cable to that end
that's all...you're done

The grey plastic part with the prong is too thick. It doesnt fit between the wheel and the front fork. Is there something else I can do?

I had the same problem on my aluminum Cruiser.

My forks would not spread to get it installed.

Solved !! Install a computer instead

Hope this helps.

Papa

wow!!! What a great invention. I had no idea these things existed, but they sound really cool, I just hope they work as well as they sound. I think I'll get one very soon, and thank you so much for your idea.

Back