ThatsDax motor chain gets jammed

• Thread starter Keepthedrivetommy
  • Start date
as of right now, puting one link back on, which actually means puting two back on, gets my chain to the looseness that it was in the original picture. And you can tell by that picture that the tensioner is all the way up, and still it is too loose. So the only thing inbetween is to get a half link, which I have to find somewhere because my local bike shop only has masterlinks for regualt bike chains. I'll try "chicago cycle" or maybe a lawn mower store. The other thing that I forgot to mention was that the tensioner cannot be moved forward or backward (closer to or further from the rear sprocket) because the part of the frame that the back wheel sits inbetween is not a parallel bar with the direction of the chain. Does that make sense? Ill take a picture if you want.

the roller's wide track makes up for the stay's angle. you can make good use of the adjustment available by moving the tensioner on the stay, be mindful you bolt that suckah down tight on the skinnier section of the stay, you don't want it rolling down into the spokes !

41_Mvc435f_1.jpg

please excuse the grungey pic of a hard-ridden pony :devilish: :p

ya, see the bar that you clamped the "stay", which i assume is the tensioner as a whole unit, theat bar is straight and parallel with the chain. Mine bends, and there is only one place on that bar that it is parallel with the chain.

Keepthedrivetommy said:
ya, see the bar that you clamped the "stay", which i assume is the tensioner as a whole unit, theat bar is straight and parallel with the chain. Mine bends, and there is only one place on that bar that it is parallel with the chain.

The roller wheel on the tensioner is wide to allow for a bent bar placement. Just give it a try

ill take some pictures for you cause I've tried to move it and it doesnt sit right, but ill try

Chain Tenson

Hey, I just thought of something! Turn your chain tensoner upside down!!!!!!!!!!!! I am briliant. That shoud give you about another 1/2"

Chain

Really, look at the bike of the month. It will work. on the top left of the web page! Let me know something. I am proud that I figured it out.

ohhhh!!! i see, thought the chain may rub on that lower bar as it passes the tensioner. I'll try this weekend, I just figured out why the motor wasnt producing power!!! The plastic on the white wire, which isnt hooked up to anything, had melted to the exaust, and the wire was touching the exaust which was drawing too much power out of the motor. I moved the wire, and then taped it to the frame, and WA-LAH, it started right up.

Back