Stolen stolen in nyc

at work we have secured carpark wher eit's all monitored by cameras and you need a magnetic key to get in, and yet i still use my yellow new york kryptonite 'U' lock on my motored bike.

wherever i go i use a heavy chain and big lock. while i am riding i put the chain over my shoulders and across. its very heavy even without the lock but i am used to it. i neevr go withotu it. when i get off i put the chains around as much bike as possible menaing that i try to cover the rear tires, frame and of course the locking pole. sorry to hear all you guys loosing bikes but the key is to lock your bikes in as visible area as possible. cable locks, combinations locks and much other skinny locks (no matter how much the bike shops say they are real good) dont get them. the point is to DISCOURAGE the bike pickers and this has worked for me entire four years. my frnd bought a bike and he used to just lock his bike on a pole and walk away acting very careless. the bike pickers look for that Attitude. and his bike got stolen within ten months and now is without a bike.

Sorry to hear that news. I have something so small but does the job against people who aren't tooled up to steal and break a lock. Ill lock up hooking a spoke to a fence or a bike wire to something else. It goes eveywhere under my seat its so small. IMG_0426[2].jpg

Last edited:
Seriously 2 nights ago i had a dream --i parked my new subaru-robin staton on a Giant frame by a hamburger joint--i went into another store and came back it was locked but there he was a guy was stripping it down and 2 guys were cheering -the front and rear tires were off and the engine disassembled the guy just ran off and left everything in pieces i had to walk home carrying the pieces- i woke up in a cold sweat -- but i learned my lesson-bring a big chain in a big city.

fat chain no problems

It's been almost a year since I started this post when my bike was stolen. I made a new one and have a heavy chain. Not a problem in all this time.

Back