So you want an ebike for Christmas? How about this one?!!

• Thread starter Deleted Member 4613
  • Start date
This ensemble of knives is even nicer...lol.

Yeah, but if they aren't forged from limitless possibilities, they have limited uses.

And just for your FYI, This video and thread is talking about a brand new, out of the box, stock Ebike with its factory installed, manufacturer approved battery that turned itself into a Rolling Molotov Cocktail on it's very first ride of 9.5 minutes.

This is unacceptable by anyones standards and does not encourage folks like me to run out and spend the $6,000 dollars this abomination cost for 9.5 minutes of pleasure.

Everyone already knows about aftermarket batteries, (usually also from China), and the fire hazards they pose, yet people do it anyways taking their chances of endangering themselves as well as others in the process...Where are the laws and safeguards against these dangerous replacement batteries from being imported here in the first place as well as the liability of the retailers that are selling them???

Just like Tesla's going up in flames with their factory approved batteries, these Ebikes have been doing the same without the "aid" of aftermarket batteries coming from dubious sources.

Long story short, It is the technology that is wrong here, it has not been thoroughly tested and properly approved by any outside agencies to the safety standards that gasoline equipped vehicles have to pass in order to be on public highways and byways...They have a long way to go yet to gain the credibility and confidence of the buying public.

Ps...I also noted what this NYC reporter in that article said here.

Since when have Ebikes been an "illegal powered two-wheel vehicle"...They still rent ebikes and escooters in NYC last that I knew...lol...as well as in most major cities in the USA.

The NY Daily News was always a garbage, so-called journalism, rag of a so-called newspaper when I lived on the east coast and it looks like it still is just from the reporters erroneous, "one size fits all" style of reporting...lol.
Just to be fair TOB the other bikes "factory " is one guy in in his garage and he makes the batteries all by himself as well. His website makes him look like a bigger company than he is. But "doctor chopper" does it all buy himself in his garage. I will say the bikes look cool.

The guy who's bike caught on fire has some really bad ass gas motorized bikes. But those videos don't go viral.

Back