PNW MB.c Mini Rally October 15-17

Further on- no rest 'till the end of the road

And so we pulled up to Dee's place. With the engines shut down, we kick the stands and park the machineries of perpetual joy. I hear a gleeful spirit greeting us, and there's Dee on the rear deck, with an amazing spread set-up for lunch!
I wish I could recount; to give detail of the laughter, and conversation we had, but it would be lost in the translation of retelling. We've all been there, you know, had those moments, where you just kinda had to be there... Yeah it was one of those.
Dee is a great and vibrant free-spirit, and I'll tell ya' our world would be a much better place if more people were to adopt the same joy and fun-loving attitude as this wonderful young woman!!!
I was also priveledge to meet Sabrina- the inspriation for Augidogs bike build, and the most wonderful personality-
A beautiful brindle colored greyhound.
So anyway, we had beverages, sandwiches, salad, the works! Unfortunately this visit was to be much too short lived, and after a time, as the sun was settling low in the western sky, it was time to go.
We said our good byes, and were off to Wavygravy's place for more...
What a ride! There were these near 90 degree curves, adn Augi waved me ahead- as if to say "go for it"! Go for it I did! I rolled on the throttle and hit that corner laying that bike over as far as I could without scraping the high side pedal! Though there are no chickem strips on my tires, I've got to change out that front end. The Cleveland Welding springer has a great spring rate for a bicycle, but with that heavy whizzer, and at higher speeds, she starts to 'skitter' as i call it. That is to say, it gets a shaky, chattery, sort of vibration going. SO in the midst of my hard lean cornering, this front wheel starts to chatter and feel as if it is skimming the road surface! Kinda scary...
SO away and onward we are cruisin', again, doing what we were born to do- Ride! Free, fun, and living in the moment!
We arrive at Wavy's place where more chaos and fun ensues! We had great conversation and were checking out Wavy's new ride- a 1952 J.C. Higgins (looked like a colorflow to me, but i can't be sure) with the beehive spring fork. And it's in such beautiful condition, I just couldn't believe it!
Anyway, a great time was had by all, and the laughter just didn't stop!
Wavy is the real deal kids- he has a long heritage of motored two wheelers, and is genuine. I look foward to more good times with these folks!
Unfortunately once again, the good times had to come to a close, so we headed back to Cruisin' and quay's place, where I insisted that Augidog give the Whizzer a try. Yeah, he took off and rode her a bit, when he pulled up he was all smiles, and we did our comparison and contrast to the bikes we've ridden and owned... They all have their pluses and minuses- but it's all good!
We rolled back to MB.c central, and i laid my tired and aching body on my bed roll. I was out pretty fast after all the action of the previous two days.
I awoke the next morning with that mixed feeling of a great adventure coming to an end. I didn't want to stop, I wanted to keep on, to live on the road, and ride 'till I dropped off. But as they say, all good things must come to an end, and we were nearing that point.
I packed up my gear, and loaded the bike back on to the car. Augi jumped in the passenger seat, and we motorvated back to Dee's for a fine breakfast and coffee. After a short while it was time.
I dropped Augi off at H.Q. ; our goodbyes were said with an assurance, that I would be back again!
and off into the horizon I drove...
All I can say to anyone with a motoredbike is this:
Get out there with a few friends and ride till it hurts!!!
Thank you to all my brothers and sisters in the motoredbike paradise of Ocean Park, Washington!
Until we ride again, ride hard, ride free, and above all else, never lose sight of the comraderie; of the community you have forged, and created. Keep on helping each other, keep on caring for each other, and GET ON YER BIKES!!!

what a great meeting

excellent story uncle punk 13!!! good times good times..thanx for sharing.

riff! what a great story! im so glad to have met you & the bike! you remind me of me when i was a bit younger & had more speed & agility! if it had 2 wheels you could not keep me away & its still that way! till the day i die! gramps & the old gang whould have been happy to have ya ride with em as your the real deal too! live, eat, breathe & die for bikes! we really need to get togather more & tell stories! rock on crouton!!!

It was a pleasure and a priveledge for me to be able to talk about all your old bikes and adventures! And that's not blowin' smoke... I welcome any opportunity to do more of the same. I'll have to bring my picture book from the Wyman adventure for ya' to look through on my next visit.
Like I said in my story- PNW riders are a breed from, and seem to carry some of the ideals and whatnot of, a not so long ago time... I so appreciate that for though I ride solo, but am welcome in a number of clubs, With the PNW MB.c I feel as though I've found a home, and family.
it's cool and all.
P.S.~I'm going out to my storage area tomorrow, and will grab that rear fender for ya' to notch for your chain. You'll have to repaint it to match, but it's better than choppin' that beautiful original unit.

wow

riff what a cool story that even moved me to tears...in all honesty if my ride had been running i woulda been there too, it was great meeting you and hope to ride with you and the gang soon...ciao and happy motoring!:D

It was grand, just grand! It wa such a pleasure to hang with you and Cruiser! Thank you so much for your hospitality, and as I said to all of you out there~ My door is always open here in Tacoma...
You betcha we'll do a lot more of this!
BTW~While I'm grabbing Wavy's fender I'm grabbing wheels to find something for you to get back on the road.

they're all just so doggone luvable, eh? my fellow pnw-riders, i salute you :cool:

so, who's next? my schedule's very flexible :)

Back