Overtorqued head stud

you'll need to google a bit to find it, or take out another one and see what crankcase side is, then get a nut the same so you'll have one stud same at both ends

yeah on all of them crank case side is 1.0, I just thought it was odd that they used 1.0 crankcase side.

Im not quite sure if I should be looking for 6mm or 8mm studs. the studs have both threads.

The old studs are entirely irrelevant.
The four NEW studs will have the same thread both ends. It will be M8 x 1.0 if that fits your crankcase. You will buy nuts that match the crankcase and therefore the studs.

There's no problem. :)

stud6.JPG

I have found these on sick bike parts, they are M8-1.0

they should be fine yeah? even though the thread is continuous?

it doesn't matter that the thread is continuous

Okay thanks, just making sure they are right as it costs like $40 to get them in Australia.

And just so I can make sure I have 8mm studs, they are bigger than the motor mount studs, which are meant to be 6mm if I'm correct?

a good hardware store will have M8x1.0 (grade 8 or stronger) threaded rod in meter lengths - buy one for a couple bucks and saw off 4 studs

Where you live in Melbourne ? I do I got like 5 rubbish motors here with studs ..if you get a stud out take it to Bunnings thay will help you or near me is asap tools that sell everything nut and bolt and screw ..if you live in Australia I will take some out a motor for you and if it cost post you pay ...All yours ...

Where you live in Melbourne ? I do I got like 5 rubbish motors here with studs ..if you get a stud out take it to Bunnings thay will help you or near me is asap tools that sell everything nut and bolt and screw ..if you live in Australia I will take some out a motor for you and if it cost post you pay ...All yours ...

Hey dude im from Geelong, how much to buy them off you!? And which ones do you have?

Are they fine thread on both sides or one fine, one coarse?

Cool nothing to buy them I don't care...I will put a pick up now I don't know about the thread ..I got boxes of 66cc stuff even stock covers I sanded then polished .stock carby speed carby hp carby Super hp carby heads 44t sprocket 36t sprocket 28t sprocket list goes on

Attachments

• DSC_0103.JPG
    DSC_0103.JPG
    204.4 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC_0104.JPG
    DSC_0104.JPG
    171.8 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC_0105.JPG
    DSC_0105.JPG
    170 KB · Views: 88
Back