O-ring on carb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Junster, there are so many different ones. I don't want to get some thing that will hurt this thing!!!

Just got back from about 20 mile run. This was the first chance I got to go since I installed the o-ring I got from SBP. No more bog at WOT. I also installed a duel pull brake lever. Very nice to have front and rear brakes again. You guys sure this is legal? I am having way to much fun.

The longest run at one time is about 18 mi. I had an o-ring in at the time, was clocked at 30 mph. But with the carb prob I had (Tube,jet and mount area broke & dropped into bowl ) . I had a friend at disney land try to fix it (Micky M likes JB Weld) It worked, but 4 stroke more at WOT. I lost the o-ring when I pulled the cab. So I ran it this morning to work & back. Got another o-ring, going to put it in latter tonight with a new NGK BP5HS plug (NAPA was out of the B5HS) I'm also ordering a new carb. If the repair is not just right (I feel its just thousants lower than it was) That will change fuel to air mixture.

It sure will. I got a mail from spooky they said they would have a big order in soon including the new NT carbs. The ones that are stock with their 66cc engines. Same mount just 3 mm bigger intake and a slightly bigger jet. They are for the larger cc engines. The ones with most kits are for 49cc. Might pay to wait a bit.

I might wait a day or two. I wanted to get a performance carb, but for the price I'll start with an expansion chamber. What is the cost going to be on this 66cc carb? Do you know? If it's to high, I'll stay with a stock carb & mod it if possible. Stock is $12 bucks + shipping. (& were you talking Spooky Tooth?)

Ya I was talking about spooky tooth, but they didn't quote a price. They aren't the "racing" carbs. On their site It's the one that shows on the long page that talks about their engines.

Thanks Junster, I'll have to check it out, I want to get this thing up to 50 MPH for the least $$$$ as possible. Got a family to support, you know how it is. My MOM says "come on Daniel your 49 years old" Mentally it does'nt show.LOL

Hey Dan look at this carb. It's alot more than the stock carb price but look at the post in 2 cycle/wallbro carb from Iso, he's running one now. I found it on this site with a K&N style air cleaner and free shipping. It come with a intake manifold we wouldn't use but the mount on the carb itself is the same as a stock except it looks way heavier duty.

http://www.minibikepartsnow.com/partspage/performance-carburetor-47cc-49cc.htm

edit; Ok another guy found them on ebay for all the way down to a lil under $41 including shipping

Last edited:
If you don't want to go the washer route, the o-rings can be bought at Home Depot in the plumbing section. Danco #40 o-rings. Comes in a pack of 10 for $1.97 ( 5/8 ID, 3/4 OD x 1/16 wall )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back