NT carb waterfall

Status
Not open for further replies.

INTP_ty

Local time
1:48 PM
tffff is going on with my carb. Pour fuel in my gas tank & it pours straight out of the carb.

Took it apart three times. Tried raising the brass prong. Figured float was stuck ~21mm. Mehp, not it.

It’s not coming out of the filter either. It’s coming out ...from everywhere. I can’t find a crack either.

wth

2: Check seating/sealing of carb float needle and valve. Turn the carb upside down so the needle is seated and try blowing through the fuel. If you can't push air though it's working. If you can push air though it's not seated and will flood you bowl.

These carbs are stinky.

I don’t understand #2. If I remove the carb, flip it over (fuel hose attached) & blow, won’t:

the needle simply drop allowing air to pass through? Now it can go out many ways: filter/choke hole, intake side, barrel on top where your throttle is connected, & probs some other hole idk exists

It probably isn't sealing on the intake it's a common problem with the carbs since it's metal on metal no plastic or rubber seal it can create an air leak that's all I can think of but I could be wrong if its pouring out. I have a 79cc 4 stroke predator now. Sold my 2 stroke to my neighbor 2 years ago and the engine is still running he took it off the beach cruiser it was on and put it on a mountain bike. I got him a different carb for it that has a rectangle slide. Maybe try a different carb besides the stock one you can buy one for $20.

In my opinion, from what I gather, the reason why your carb would be leaking is that the needle is not seated or won't seat in operation. Thus causing the carb bowl to not be metered by the needle, thus it fills and overflows. (Sounds like the fuel is not being stopped or resisted at least thus allowing siphoning principles to take over)

Your float bowl is overflowing, probably the inlet needle stuck open with debris.
Exactly what I said. It's either debris in the opening for the inlet needle or the spring weakened.

I doused it in a tub of brake cleaner. Picked it up & there was a tiny rock stuck way up where the needle sits. I don’t know how I missed that.

Anyways, it’s leaking like normal again

New members might not now how a carburetor works so it's best to use a bit more detail.

I only know how waterfalls work

I have this issue also but my problem is not that there's something stuck in it or it's dirty the engine is tipped too far forward and the carburetor is not straight up and down try to get it close to level so it works properly

Moderators Note:

In future, Please do not revive old threads like this.

The posts and threads are all date coded and this particular problem the member was having was 6 years ago.

That is why there was a warning in
RED LETTERS asking people to NOT revive threads that are older than three years old since last posting.

That warning disappears as soon as someone adds a new post so I have now locked this thread so it is not kept alive any further as it has outlived its usefullness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back