New Member Building Superchared Bicycles

I'll be following this thread with eager keenness.
Don't let the idea evaporate.

supercharedcustoms, make it happen.

I want to see the finished engine in operation and if it works reliably and efficiently, i'll be placing a purchase order.

Fabian

While I can see this working in principle I'm not sure this is a great idea with something with such variable build quality - have you seen what happens when a supercharged engine throws a rod?

I saw a tractor-pull once where some bright spark had put 4 supercharged tractor engines inline on one chassis - the black smoke was impressive enough - the white smoke, and flying rod complete with coconut sized flying piston that imbedded itself into the earth by a good foot - was even more impressive (especially to the 5 year old girl it missed by inches)

Having that between my legs at 30+mph is not something I wish to experience.

I can see how this would work - Ettore Bugatti came up with something similar although in his case it was a chain driven double lobe rootes type on a 18cc engine - but I would trust his engineering and quality control much more than I would a CGE

I personally see little point in this since with a little work a frame mount setup could easily be made to take the current crop of 4-5hp 2 stroke tuned engines from people such as DDM - twice the power on half the displacement - not to mention you'd get more power yet with a tuned pipe and my low percent nitro/petroil mix...

By all means see if it can be done - but I would be very suspicious if this could be done safely with the current stock of CG engines - and if an engine of this configuration fails under load I for one would not want to be the person liable for supplying it... because if it throws a rod or a piston through the side or head the only bits between it and the outside world in general will be important parts of the riders anatomy... not to mention the resulting accident and the injuries that could cause...

Jemma xx

Back