need help please carb leaking at filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thanks. I heard using the same solution that works with the K and N rechargeable filters works with these filters as well

The needle shut off valve is not fullfilling its mission. For one reason or another the needle is not plugging the inlet hole when the float is up. Look real close at the tangs that the needle slides on to. sometimes, due to the fine Chinese workmanship, these tangs hit the carb housing before the needle is all theway up, not allowing the needle to seat. It took me a while to figure this one out, meanwhile, FUEL EVERYWHERE!!! Simply bend the tangs to allow the needle to seat further up, I'll do a pictorial If I'm up to it later. Yeah bro, I almost went crazy before I figured this one out. Had to use the shut off valve EVERY TIME I parked it, Or put a bucket under it, ha,ha.
If you cant see what I'm talking about on the tangs, get back to me and I'll shoot some pics.
Big Red.

Last edited:
yes thanks i am aware how the slide fits in with the 2 grooves but on 2 carbs i have one it wont even drop down into the carb the other is getting to the poing that it wont slide properly, sigh this is so frustrating
Hey man i had the same problem all i did was take my throttle apart and pore mixxing oil down your cable and twist it a few times to get the oil down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back