My first project is not off to a very good start...

What happened when the engine seized. It sounds like the roller bearing cage has shattered. This normally happens at very high RPM's, but the cage could have been made badly. You really need to get in contact with your vendor if you find that the bearing cage has gone. He can get you a new cage, or if a lot of damage to the piston occured when it seized get a new piston and new con rod, or more likely a new block.

BSA

I've seized one motor 2 times. Sorry you're having problems. Did you hear a loud click before it seized? I heard it both times. I had to get a new jug/cyliner, piston and rings.
Good luck. Keep us informed, many of us have been there and can help you fix it.

I think I'm just not gonna have a motored bike. I have no more money at all to put in to the thing. I spent my last 300 bucks buyin the bike and the motor. I'm just gonna peddle it.

I think I'm giving up on the motored bike thing for now. I have still been looking in to other mods though. I have been looking at much higher quality bikes. And I think I'm going to go electric hub on this one. I don't want to put one of those dirty motors on a nice bike.

broken ring would be my guess. Should be covered by warranty I would have thought....

The top of the piston looks HORRIBLE!
I don't even want to look at mine now...I'll run it until it dies, and replace with a 4-stroke when the time comes....ewwwww it looks terrible.

Who is the vendor, and are they supporting you?

I bought the kit from boygofast on ebay and no he isn't supporting me. They haven't returned any of the calls or emails I have sent. And I left feedback before it happened, so the feedback was good. I went back and left a negative comment follw up. A few people who were thinking about getting a kit from them contacted me to ask about the problems I had and they decided to go with another seller, so hopefully the word gets around about their horrible customer service. And they didn't even send me the large frame adapter, which is why the engine is mounted to a pipe that got welded on, and the gas tank and chain guard were scratched and a little rusty when I got them. Boygofast sucks.

Back