muffler

Carcher

Local time
9:16 AM
I just bought a expansion chamber with muffler from bikeberry Did I just throw my money away????? Any senior help

I just bought a expansion chamber with muffler from bikeberry Did I just throw my money away????? Any senior help
This one?

This one will net you better performance.
It has a better divergent cone than any of the other expansion pipes that are made for MBs.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Combine ^that pipe^ with This muffler and you will see a decent lower RPM power increase and keep it from being obnoxiously loud.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I have that muffler and am very pleased with how well it works. I read somewhere that it needs more restriction but I have a 3/4 copper street elbow crimped to fit in the end and it seems to work perfectly. I have it turned 180 as it fits better that way. I have a similar pipe to the BBR style.

I guess it will get louder with time as the glass packing gets filled with oil. Maybe it can be washed out with gas or solvent to bring it back to spec? I haven't got there yet.

Could be a nice flame show if it was washed out, put back on and started right away.

I might just buy another as that is $10 cheaper then when I bought one.

I have that muffler and am very pleased with how well it works. I read somewhere that it needs more restriction but I have a 3/4 copper street elbow crimped to fit in the end and it seems to work perfectly. I have it turned 180 as it fits better that way. I have a similar pipe to the BBR style.

I guess it will get louder with time as the glass packing gets filled with oil. Maybe it can be washed out with gas or solvent to bring it back to spec? I haven't got there yet.

Could be a nice flame show if it was washed out, put back on and started right away.

I might just buy another as that is $10 cheaper then when I bought one.
That type of muffler, like many motorcycle mufflers, is fully serviceable. Simply drill the rivets out of one side, remove the cap, pull the packing and perforated tube out, add new packing, rivet cap back on.

You can also shorten the body of the muffler too by simply doing the same steps above and then cutting the body and perforated tube down whatever amount you desire. From there you simply drill new rivet holes in the body and re-assemble.

Combine ^that pipe^ with This muffler and you will see a decent lower RPM power increase and keep it from being obnoxiously loud.
If I bought that pipe, I'd still knock the stinger off and put a narrower one on and shove it in the end half way of the convergent cone.

Back