Losing my mind Chain tensioner!

One thing after another I might have taking off to much Chain but not enough to keep Chain tight! That's the only thing keeping me from bike being done! I bought spring tensioner off amazon does not line up I tried every spring notch I tried to take off tensioner from other bike I can't get it tight or straight same with tensioner that came with the kit it rubs and when it doesn't I can't get it tight ! Thank you again for the advice I had nobody showing me anything thing about mechanics growing up iam mechanically mentally challenged! Lol
On my minarelli I use the tensioner that comes in the kits, just had to get grade 8 steel bolts,nuts,and washers to make sure it stayed tight.

The fewer parts, the less can fail.
On my Hufferari, I have to use 2 tensioners - the 'stock' deathtrap as well as a spring loaded one on the clutch case, because it's a road bike frame and the angle of the chain stays is really actue.
If I take out a link, the chain's too tight, if I add a link, it's too slack.
2 tensioners is the ONLY way it works.
Checking tightness is, of course, ESSENTIAL before every ride.

The fewer parts, the less can fail.
On my Hufferari, I have to use 2 tensioners - the 'stock' deathtrap as well as a spring loaded one on the clutch case, because it's a road bike frame and the angle of the chain stays is really actue.
If I take out a link, the chain's too tight, if I add a link, it's too slack.
2 tensioners is the ONLY way it works.
Checking tightness is, of course, ESSENTIAL before every ride.
Have you tried half links?

This is what I have done in my case and it works perfectly. Due to the geometry of my frame / rear wheel/ brakes / etc I couldn't get it perfect with no tensioner at all, so I have one of the spring loaded ones mounted to the engine to take up the extra little bit of slack.

I bought one of the ones with the sprocket and bearing type of roller, it was junk so I threw the roller and bearing from the stock tensioner on it and it's golden (for ~800 miles now).
I like using different parts together in a ‘mash-up’ when it works. It was not intended but could be (re)commended.

Especially when someone stops to let you across the street and a whole line of cars sees you dragging your busted up bike across the road...
I was walking my broken bike back many miles home when a bicyclist passed me and said, ‘Enjoy your ride.’ I laughed (that smarmy f@#k!) and called an Uber to get the Caddy and return. Part of the learning experience on the path to attaining mechanical bullet proof excellence.

Back