UGH- Another issue... clutch...

Search

Local time
9:14 AM
On my way to work the bike stalled out and was hard to start back up... I thought it was the clutch cable becoming loose so I tightened it up and it was a little hard to start but got me to work...
After work, I noticed that the problem wasn't the clutch cable... long story short, it feels like the clutch is always disengaged... like you can roll the bike around no problem without disengaging the clutch... I tried screwing around with tension on the cable.. nothing... tried screwing around with the chain tension and it's tight as can be... even took the chain tensioner off and tbh the chain tensioner wasn't even doing anything because the chain was so tight... so it's not the chain this time... I'm stumped and figured I'd ask here before I go messing up stuff more.... it sucks because it was running so good that I was gonna swap it onto another bike this Saturday... hopefully it's something stupid...

Thank you so much for your time, I'm sorry for being a pain and always asking rookie questions lol

There is a big cover on the right side and under that is a clutch adjustment nut, (Flower nut) right in the center of the clutch plate. There should be a little retainment screw that keeps the flower nut from backing out. Remove little screw and turn flower nut in until it stops, pull the clutch lever and then turn flower nut some more. Reinstall set screw.

MBs seem to give people a lot of trouble. The only problems I've had with my bike so far are tuning and mechanical failure from the bike itself. The rear fender came off my bike a week or two ago and pretty much destroyed my frame. That was my fault though.

Okay, I got the bike up and running again and figured out my problem... There's no retention screw on the flower nut... so, I have a feeling this is going to keep on happening until I get another screw... which leads me to my next question....

Anyone know where I can purchase the screw that holds in the flower nut???? lol

Okay, I got the bike up and running again and figured out my problem... There's no retention screw on the flower nut... so, I have a feeling this is going to keep on happening until I get another screw... which leads me to my next question....

Local hardware store. 4mm diameter and 6mm long.

Thanks Chainlube sir. I found this but of course it's OOS

Ace Hardware will definitely have it. They seem to have one of the better metric hardware selections when it comes to hardware chains.

I also agree with using a button head Allen instead of a Phillips.

This is just personal preference, but also put a tiny bit of blue loctite on the set screw for the flower nut.

I hate to say it,but bikeberry... things like that are the only reason to ever get anything from there but they have the screw you need. Check bicycleengines.com first though,maybe even amazon too.

Back