Is my main drive clutch sprocket bent?

The small gear looks like the woodruff key got snagged and will not insert itself. Pull it apart, file the key a hair width and retorque it back together.
I hope it's that simple, lol, I don't wanna have to wait on another part to arrive. I'll go by AutoZone tomorrow and see if they have a gear puller

Apologies to Anime in replies 4 and 6 some of the symptoms I refered to were wrong.. I have corrected them and hope they didn't mislead you to badly.

Did one of these come with your kit? It is the gear/sprocket puller for your engine.
View media item 60695
One did not sadly, I went and double checked the box when I saw the issue. I'm sure I can find one at local store somewhere, hopefully AutoZone has one, that way I can just use it and give it back. Save a few bucks

Update: so I checked the engine kit I ordered from bicyclemotorworks, it does have a picture of a puller on the parts picture, but one wasn't in the kit, so I emailed them. I have already had to email them once to get replacement parts of some duds, so I'm hoping he will still be willing to work with me and get it to me without charging me for it

Back