i need to order those dang hd tubes tonight

brens_gbikes

Local time
5:06 AM
i wish you could pick up those hd tubes in a store somewhere. i had a blowout on my rip earlier. changed tubes in a field ... :cool:

I was ripping down this back road at like 20mph, thinking i was all cool and what not. And my tube blew out right as I was passing some construction dudes. Who's cool now huh? lol. the tube tore and wrapped around the axle, got wrapped in the chain and drive sprocket. cheap china garbage! time to order those heavy duty tubes...

I got mine at Walmart. I also threw in the slime tube liners. I live in a heavy agriculture town and there ends up being metal debris in the road alot. On my old bike I had a drywall screw go into the tire and it was deflected to the side by the slime liner

I always ran regular tubes from Bell and I never had any blow outs like you did But I would still get flats from small stuff like wire, thorns and nails
Fixing a Flat on the road :(
DSCF1673.JPG

I finally switched to Tannus Armour with 15mm of liner protection
Yep something has gotta go thru the tire at least 1/2" to give me a flat
DSCF2930.JPGDSCF2931.JPGDSCF2932.JPGDSCF1691.JPG

I also got Tannus Armour on my E Bike
DSCF1513.JPGDSCF1515.JPGDSCF1523.JPG

Because check out the Goat Head that used to give me flats But not anymore with Tannus Armour (y)
DSCF2819.JPGDSCF2814.JPGDSCF2817.JPGDSCF2820.JPG

i wish you could pick up those hd tubes in a store somewhere. i had a blowout on my rip earlier. changed tubes in a field ... :cool:

I was ripping down this back road at like 20mph, thinking i was all cool and what not. And my tube blew out right as I was passing some construction dudes. Who's cool now huh? lol. the tube tore and wrapped around the axle, got wrapped in the chain and drive sprocket. cheap china garbage! time to order those heavy duty tubes...

BTW manufactures say their inner tubes are only good for 2 years
So if your tube was older than 2 years, That'll increase your chances of having a blow out like you did

goats head huh. those things look gnarly

i'm not getting punctures, the tubes keep ripping. :( maybe it is the rim after all. it might be a "pinch", the tires i have on are 2.125". i've got that slime super thick tube that Damien's always shilling in my amazon cart :cool:

BTW manufactures say their inner tubes are only good for 2 years
So if your tube was older than 2 years, That'll increase your chances of having a blow out like you did
no this was a tube i just put in like, yesterday. but it was an off brand from amazon

i'm not getting punctures, the tubes keep ripping. :( maybe it is the rim after all. it might be a "pinch", the tires i have on are 2.125". i've got that slime super thick tube that damien's always shilling in my amazon cart :cool:

no this was a tube i just put in like, yesterday. but it was an off brand from amazon
Cheap tubes are for kids bikes, not motorized machines lol

i'm not getting punctures, the tubes keep ripping. :( maybe it is the rim after all. it might be a "pinch", the tires i have on are 2.125". i've got that slime super thick tube that damien's always shilling in my amazon cart :cool:

If you tubes keep ripping you got an issue with your rim, tire or maybe your not setting the bead correctly or over inflating

BTW slime is a big improvement over no slime, it works, and it'll get ya home on a low tire, but ya still gotta patch the tube

I got triple flat protection
1) Tannus Armour Liner
2) In case I do get a flat, Tannus Armour also makes the tire a run flat
3) I also put slime in my tubes

i've got that slime super thick tube that damien's always shilling in my amazon cart :cool:

If ya wanna make your own 3x or 4x super heavy duty inner tubes for puncture protection
Use the skin off an old inner tube with your new HD inner tube and it'll be a 3x HD inner tube

When the 2x inner tube ya just bought get's old, Don't throw it away use the skin off of it and make your next inner tube a 3x or a 4x HD inner tube

That's what I used to do before I bought Tannus

Pic of the skin of a 2x HD inner tube over a regular inner tube to make it a 3x HD inner tube

DSCF1676.JPG

I've had my Whizzer for 18 years and put over 40k miles on her
DSCF9603.JPG
Yeah, it took me that long to upgrade to Tannus Armour $111 w/tubes
I would of bought them years ago but I was worried about the rolling resistance
After I bought Tannus for my E Bike earlier this year I was so impressed I got some for my Whizzer M/B
Tires feel the same and there's no rolling resistance. my speeds are the same
I go for 100 mile rides and now I got more reassurance for my piece of mind that I won't get a flat (y)
DSCF9332.JPGDSCF6328.JPGDSCF9328.JPG

i'm not getting punctures i've got that slime super thick tube that damien's always shilling in my amazon cart :cool:
You will get punctures and you'll be glad you got slime in your tubes,
When ya see a wet slime spot on your tire you'll know you got a puncture

You will get punctures and you'll be glad you got slime in your tubes,
When ya see a wet slime spot on your tire you'll know you got a puncture
what i mean is, my problem hasn't been punctures, it's been the tubes tearing on the sides. i've lost 4 tubes in the past week.