I lost my chain link

orcun

Local time
10:20 PM
Guys, i lost my chain link when i was rebuilding the engine and on my country i can't bring that link nowadays. So, can i link my chain without chain link. Also, i can shorter the chain too. Because it is a bit long

Guys, i lost my chain link when i was rebuilding the engine and on my country i can't bring that link nowadays. So, can i link my chain without chain link. Also, i can shorter the chain too. Because it is a bit long
Yea, you can rivet the chain. It's a bit harder of a job than a master link, because you have to use an anvil and punch to set the rivet. Just be careful taking the chain apart to shorten it, so you don't damage the rivet and then you can reuse it to put it back together. Do you have a hunk of iron, bodyman's dollie, or a big hammer head. You can use one of those as an anvil.

I'm not 100% sure on this or what I'm saying is right. But don't they make a chain breaker that will remove a chain link pin & then you shorten the chain the amount needed. Then won't that same chain breaker install the chain link pin & then the chain breaker sets & locks the pin in.

I'm not 100% sure on this or what I'm saying is right. But don't they make a chain breaker that will remove a chain link pin & then you shorten the chain the amount needed. Then won't that same chain breaker install the chain link pin & then the chain breaker sets & locks the pin in.
Yes, they make a chain spinner that sets the rivet. They are pricey tools and maybe a little expensive for bike building. I use a pointy punch and a dollie.

Yes, they make a chain spinner that sets the rivet. They are pricey tools and maybe a little expensive for bike building. I use a pointy punch and a dollie.
Thanks Chain. I was thinking they made some sort of tool like that. But it is probably a $40-$60 dollar tool.

Back