Huffy BMP Monster FD

floridaboy

Local time
10:26 AM
For my third build i decided to give a FD a try. I bought a BMP FD and a Monister 49cc engine and will be useing a Stanton 96 oz. tank when i get it. Sofar i like it and it seams to have good power. I is a little noisy when the clutch engages and disengages. I don't know if this will quite down after it brakes in or not. The auto clutch sure makes it nice and also the pull start.

Attachments

• Huffy and BMP Monster Engine 022.jpg
    Huffy and BMP Monster Engine 022.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 351
  • Huffy and BMP Monster Engine 024.jpg
    Huffy and BMP Monster Engine 024.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 322
  • Huffy and BMP Monster Engine 026.jpg
    Huffy and BMP Monster Engine 026.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 339
Nice bike ! I like the kit, the motor, the brakes, the 3 piece crank, the gears, the frame, the seat ! Nice ! :cool:

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply. Sofar the bike is working out good. The only thing that i find that i dont under stand is how much noise the clutch makes when it engages and disengages. Is this what they all do? I dont know any one with a FD to compair it to. I will keep breaking it in and see if it quites or i just get use to it.

Yep I just got through with my build and it does rattle.
I try to stay steady on the throttle ... not on and off...
that seems to help.

I seams that it is a little quiter as it is ran more. I got my gas tank from Staton today and put it on and a basket i bought for the frount to carry some things. Might look for a better seat sometime. Still playing with the down pressure on the roller to find what works best.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 308
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 315
The tank came from Staton and is 96oz. It comes with the mounting hardware and gas lines. It only mounts with two tabs on the tank. Will have to see how it holds up in the long run. It has two eye bolts that attachs to the two tabs on the tank and to the FM.

Last edited:
Back