How to make a China 2-stroke 48cc / 66cc last forever???

What a blast from the past...

Most of the above is how to improve a low quality engine from the box.
I just find that silly, get a low initial price just to spend more time and money on 'better parts'?

I have been building MB's for a living for 6+ years and NOT ALL engines come from the same factory like so many think!

There are many machine factories making products under many different product names but one, the one everyone tries to make cheaper, is the Skyhawk brand made in a Yang Dong factory that Don Gurbe (GurBee) sets the standard for.

All that 'go fix it' stuff is standard better quality right out of the factory!

Balanced crank, good bearings, etc... so REAL Skyhawk is all I buy and it has served me well, very few repairs and no time wasted from box to bike.

You won't find them on sites like gasbike/kings/bike berry/ and now Spooky Tooth for a reason, they all started making knock-offs from other factories and tried to sell them under the Skyhawk name or numbering like GT5 and were cut off from supply of the real thing.

Here in AZ I get my REAL engines from Bicycle-Engines.
http://www.bicycle-engines.com/SkyHawk-AngleFire-GT5A-66cc-Bicycle-Engine-Kit.html

$150 delivered for the best kit I have seen and always use when I do a 2-stroke.
I don't do many 2-strokes now, I have embraced the ease and longevity of a 4-stroke.
Keep the oil fresh and they almost can run forever.

Hope that helps in your quest for an engine that 'lasts forever' hehe ;-}

How do you make an HT motor last forever? A. Put it on the shelf and fergetabotitt!

How do you make an HT motor last forever? A. Put it on the shelf and fergetabotitt!

Considering these motors have the complexity of a propane barbecue, comments like these speak poorly of your mechanical capabilities.

Yes, they are more of a hobbyist's "kit" than a slick and idiot proof consumer good.
If you cannot figure out the operation and maintenance of these simple engines, they are not for you.

Inspect it, assemble it, follow mechanical rules such as hardware torque values, feed it what it needs for oil and fuel and clean air and these engines will deliver the performance promised for a remarkedly low price. Yes, due to its simple and cheap construction it will need daily inspection and weekly maintenance. This is no Honda lawn mower, but then, have you priced a Honda lawn mower?

These motors are a wonderful entry for young people into the mechanical world.
They are an opportunity for the economically disadvantaged to greater mobility.
They are an affordable learning tool for the mechanically inquisitive.

In fact, these motors have been more reliable for me than my $8000 state of the art Husaberg 450 motorcycle.
It ran one summer in and out of the shop and blew up the next summer, requesting $3000 in parts to continue play.
Now THAT was disappointing!

Many of us here have proved that these motors can deliver reliability if we deliver what the motor needs.
If you want more, pay for it.

Steve

Not reliable:
full

Reliable:
full

Last edited:
Poster above has no sense of humor at all, nada, zero. Xmas is coming up maybe I'll buy him a Hillary Clinton doll.

I cast my early vote for Johnson weeks ago but I really don't care who wins, I'll be dead before the next election and don't particularly care who wins this one.

Back