How many mods have you done to your Whizzer?

Hi all, BTW, is "K-Wad" my old friend Kevin??? I won't show pics of "el Raton" yet because I want to do a build thread, and I really want you-all to see how this old bike got "Down and Dirty'.

The start? A 2002 (?) 26 inch Cruzzer version of WC1 Whizzer. Early style long stud barrel, one piece wiring loom, off balance flywheel, impossible phillips head screws on side cover made of super-soft "Mystery Metal". Manual clutch, BUT this had allegedly been some Dealer's "show Bike". This dog had 117 on the speedo.

Chrome pieces: Fenders, speedo, taillight bracket, tank, chain guard, and control set, which, BTW had rotted out grips.
Tires are orig, rotted, tubes hold air, for a while, rim strips flapping out like a dogs tongue on a hot day.

Goal? Well the goal is a good running, powerful machine that will pull my 325+ butt well.

So, what resources do I have? A 24 inch stripped out 2006 green whizzer chassis (sound familiar Jay?), it has 24 inch fender set with rusty stays, Whizzer speedo, and a nice early Whizzer setback seatpost. I also took the rusty backrack off of my 2005 Whizzer.

A new 24" early Whizzer front drum, New 24" steel coaster rear wheel spoked in .105, New tires, New thorn proof tubes, rim strips, and Stop flat liners. New black chain.

New 1.6 gallon Whizzer Ambassador tank (black), new petcock, New cap. New ax26 and ax61 Pix belts for "el Raton".

New cool motorcycle grips, a correct 26mm carb (from Quenton a few years back), new UNI motorcycle air filter, special allen head stainless steel cover screws, NE cam, Early NE Barrel (originally ported for me by Quenton 2 or 3 years ago), and a couple of new developments by Pacesetter Products.

Pacesetter Products? WAZZAT??? Well in a couple of secret labs, the crew has cooked up the first USA made Auto-Clutch for New Edition Whizzers, made with USA parts and engineering, this clutch will give me the edge I need in my drivetrain. Pacesetter Products also supplied the Hottest Cylinder Head that an NE has ever seen!

Lastly, but certainly not leastly, a secret weapon! What can this be? I seem to have all the parts, and all the advantages I could possibly need to assemble a real runner? A New Ported Barrel, hot head, NE cam, Mushroom lifters, 26 mm carb, Big manifold, big pipe, Intake spacer, thermal spacer, 117 miles on piston and rings, all good, RIGHT?

After all, anybody can screw together a Whizzer if you have a pattern and enough parts, RIGHT?

My Secret Weapon is.......... my friend Quenton is going to build the engine, with my "special needs" in mind!!!

Combining my need for real power, pulling power, and then a good solid top speed so I can run with the Cushmans and most of the faster Whizzers! Being as what I am what they call a "big guy", I have a solid need for a real advantage at take-off, a hard pull thru the midrange, and a chance to wind it out on the top!

I will write more in the build thread, for the little rat bike I call "el Raton".
Mike

Hi all, BTW, is "K-Wad" my old friend Kevin???

Hey Mikey!

After years of laying dormant, someone finally flipped over that rock and here I am!
I'm embarrassed to admit it, but, I haven't ridden a motorbike in a couple of years, but, that is all about to change. I'm pulling my NE-5 out of retirement for some much needed upgrades. I've even started planning a new build (60cc square-head, shoehorned into a vintage style Stingray frame, aka "Wheelie Machine")

How you been holdin' up?
Can't wait to see the build thread for 'el Raton'.

-Kevin

p.s.... How's this for a "Throw-back Thursday" picture!
ygp6852.jpg

Let's keep this thread going!

I've made a few changes and additions since I last posted pics of my bike.

Attachments

• IMG_20140425_181518_046.jpg
    IMG_20140425_181518_046.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_20140425_181753_191.jpg
    IMG_20140425_181753_191.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 301
Well, let's see, tinted headlight, 50 MPH Speedo,"big breather",milled dual outlet head,copper gasket,Iridium spark plug,GY6 coil,New CDI,AX-27 belt,"deep" exhaust manifold,K&N Filter with chrome shroud,26mm carb with ported aluminum spacer/adapter,black NE cylinder with taper ported intake,new piston(stock bore),drilled and tapped fitting on the "valve cover" for my re-routed breather hose.. I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting a couple things since I last posted pics, but, that's the bulk of it. I'm looking at doing a high lift cam next..

Is that all? :whistle:
You've been a busy gearhead lately!

Any pics of your intake porting?
My bike is an early NE-5 (made in 4/05) and it came with the "reduced", offset intake port. I've ported my exhaust, shaved the head .065" and everything else, but, never touched the intake port.

I just picked up the intake spacer kit and will try port matching it to the carb instead (it already matches the intake port, so, there's less work to do!)

Some day, I'd like to send the cylinder off to the Q-man to work his magic.
I'd also like to eventually get one of those hot heads he sells. :drool5:

Getting ready to reduce my PERSONAL collection of speed parts very soon. Just got way too much and need to share with you guys. Most of the collection is "one-off" proto-type heads used to keep my Whizzer at the front of the pack. Have about 20, including "Weber" reproduction, early Westman cast, show quality hi fin heads [to fit the NE], modified "block head" with additional fins and deepened originals, rare early NE5 with sliced island, modified "heart" heads, etc. Time to go, just need room for more stuff. Any of these heads will lite your Whizzer up.

I will list in correct post with prices when I ready to part with them. These are all personal items, not any production items of EZ Motorbike.

Have fun,

Is that all? :whistle:
You've been a busy gearhead lately!

Any pics of your intake porting?
My bike is an early NE-5 (made in 4/05) and it came with the "reduced", offset intake port. I've ported my exhaust, shaved the head .065" and everything else, but, never touched the intake port.

I just picked up the intake spacer kit and will try port matching it to the carb instead (it already matches the intake port, so, there's less work to do!)

Some day, I'd like to send the cylinder off to the Q-man to work his magic.
I'd also like to eventually get one of those hot heads he sells. :drool5:

Yeah, that's all. :D

I actually didn't stop to take any pics of the porting. I just opened up the intake to match the mouth of the carb. I know this isn't the proper way of doing it since it creates a "bottle neck" but then again it probably creates a "vortex" affect as well.

Getting ready to reduce my PERSONAL collection of speed parts very soon. Just got way too much and need to share with you guys. Most of the collection is "one-off" proto-type heads used to keep my Whizzer at the front of the pack. Have about 20, including "Weber" reproduction, early Westman cast, show quality hi fin heads [to fit the NE], modified "block head" with additional fins and deepened originals, rare early NE5 with sliced island, modified "heart" heads, etc. Time to go, just need room for more stuff. Any of these heads will lite your Whizzer up.

I will list in correct post with prices when I ready to part with them. These are all personal items, not any production items of EZ Motorbike.

Have fun,

May be interested in a head, got any high lift cams?

Back