homebuilt trike

Well, a little slow getting started on this one but i got a good idea where i'm headed with it now
57_P7180091_3.jpg

57_57_P7180092_1_1.jpg

by using a full suspension frame that I had motorized for awhile last summer,I simply removed the rear shock to rake the front end
oh and the honda seat is just to give me reference on the hight i want it's not staying lol
and I've enough pedal clearance , I can drop the backend down abit more and add a few more degrees of rake
gonna run disk aswell as caliper brakes on the front to one control and calipers on both back ran seperately to their corrosponding sides to use as steering aid which gives me 3 brake controls and a throttle which i havent quite got laid out yet.
Wonder if I could use a twist throttle on both sides , one for throttle and the other for front brakes. dont think i'd have enough leverage with it to activate 2 sets of brakes but might be worth a try??? for lack of a better idea right now l;ol

check this little demon out!!!! 65 cc pushing 15 ponies with a 6 speed trannie and wet clutch wooohoooooo!!! man i need,,, I mean ""NEEED ""one of these
57_foto5_2.jpg

What ya think??

::. POWER - TORQUE - CONSUMPTION

ENGINE Two-Stroke Single Cylinder
CYLINDER Light alloy with nickel silicon carbide plated liner with7 scavenge ports plus double exhaust scavenge ports
INTAKE DISTRIBUTION By 4 blade fiber carbon reed valve in engine block
BORE 44,50 mm
STROKE 41,75 mm
DISPLACEMENT 64,93 cc
COMPRESSION RATIO 15,5 +/- 0,5:1
MAX POWER CRANKSHAFT 16,7 Hp (12,3 kW) at 12500 rpm
MAX POWER WHEEL 15,2 Hp (11,2 kW) at 12500 rpm
MAX TORQUE CRANKSHAFT 9,8 Nm at 12000 rpm
MAX RPM 15000 rpm
COOLING Liquid cooled forced circulation by pump
CARBURATOR Dell'Orto PHBL 24 with manual starter by lever
LUBRIFICATION Petrol with + 2% oil mixture sinthetic (Castrol TTS)
IGNITION Electronic magnetic flywheel with internal rotor D 36mm and microprocessor ignition timing management.External ignition coil. Ignition advance 33° +/- 2° a 4000 rpm
STARTER By kick starter (backwards kick)
CLUTCH Multiple disk type in oil bath
TRANSMISSION TYPE 6 speed
PRIMARY TRANSMISSION With helical gears Ratio sprocket/crown Z 21/74 = 3,524
1. speed = 11/40=3,636
2. speed = 15/37=2,466
3. speed = 18/34=1,889
4. speed = 20/30=1,50
5. speed = 23/28=1,217
6. speed = 25/27=1,08
SECONDARY TRANSMISSION By chain ½" x 3/16" roll 8,51mm (chain sprocket Z12 or Z13)
CHAIN ALIGNMENT 86 mm
SPARK PLUG Champion C53 / NGK B105EGV M14x1,25
FUEL EURO unleaded NC 623-02 R.O.N. 95
LUBRIFICATION OIL TYPE CASTROL TTS
OIL TYPE AGIP 2T or CASTROL 2T - TTS
DRY WEIGHT 13,2 kg
OIL CAPACITY TRANSMISSION 0,44 kg tipe SAE 15W/40

Wouldn't that be too cool,throw a real funky suicide shift on 'er heh heh

CLICK FOR PREVIEW

Last edited by a moderator:
Haggard- (or anybody else with Trike experiences)

PM me your e-mail, a customer of mine has done a lot of research on potential tricycles, sent me an e-mail with a BUNCH of links, pix and info, which I hope you could incorporate into THIS thread. 8)

I could foward that e-mail to you, I want to learn more, but you guys have the head start, it would be so much better to follow ya'lls advise.

Tricycles will become very important in the future as retirees get interested, and if we could get a gallery together, it would be VERY helpful.

21_handlebars_1.jpg

I'll post that pic that Papa provided, which another customer is looking to develop for a possible solution...

Haggard,
looking good , so far.

I'd like a peek at some of your drive train research.

your live space is down right now...I'll check back

Just checked link and is fine now.
check out all 3 albums almost all bike(trike) pics( a few I got from from the gallery here) hope noone minds , and a couple pics of my computer room which I think is close to where i might or might not say it's done!!???!! heh heh

Couldn't resist adding my "three cents". Here's a trike I played around with for a while:
2539_trike_1.jpg

Started with a regular Schwinn, upsized the wheels to 26 inch (unfortunately, used the 28-hole hubs which just weren't enough in back), traded out the "girl's" frame for a "men's" (almost needed a step stool to get on it, you just don't realize how much you lean a bike over when you get on it), electric motors on front wheel from ebay, battery behind seat. Rode "like a cloud I tells ya", easy to forget you were on a trike until you even THOUGHT about a turn. Ever see pics of sidecar racing?

wow, very nice schwinn . got a nice cruiser frame still aswell but thought this hunk a junk suspension frame would be more worrkable for what i was trying to create and want to Sttrrettccchhhhh this cruiser for some reason
Yeah ,some crazy fellas back then .
I think it would be a little beyond me at the moment to try for a leaning trike.
Just can't get a handle on it.
Been trying to picture it with a universal joint of sorts but stiffened up. just can't quite picture it .
so what i might try for is a seat that could be manipulated from one side of the trike to the other to shift your body wieght while cornering. Haven't seen anysuch thing yet so maybe it's a rediculous idea but i think it might be worth a shot. Would have to be on some kind of an arch i think . arched high in the middle so's you could hold it in the inside of the corner against the centrifigal force. or even if a guy had a vertical seat post hinged at the bottom , it would make its own arch as you leaned in.
Input anyone ??!!!?? lol
would need stoppers to limit travel and stabilisation of some kind but might be workable

Low, low, low

It'd be a lot easier to just keep the center of gravity low. Use smaller wheels and mount the motor just in front of the rear axle, or wherever you could get it the lowest. ;) You could always just fill the tires with water or sand or something.

Or, you could always use car wheels...
1197_0504hb_08zTrikeRear_Right_Side_View_1.jpg

I have a pair of 15x7's here that will one day find their way onto a motoredtrike ;)

Back