Gone! It is running! MOTOPED Pulled the Trigger and Put them in the Crib Tonight

I actually like the surrons. They sound very appealing because of the aftermarket support, performance mods, and most of all the instant torque of the electrical motor
They look fun for sure. 8 hp on a 100lb bike with full torque will get you into some real trouble.

Guys who have never ridden longer than 2 hours will say they're sticking with gas because they can ride the trails forever. The range will never match, but that's not why people like them. People like surrons for everything but the range.

And lets be honest, are you really going to ride the roughest trails for 16 hours straight every saturday and sunday? That s#!+ wears you down faster than the battery drains.

For most people, the surrons(and the like) will do most everything most of the time. That's hard to beat at the price point. A klx140 and a smart carb will meet the price point or a talaria triple cross while being cheaper to run mile per mile.

They look fun for sure. 8 hp on a 100lb bike with full torque will get you into some real trouble.

Guys who have never ridden longer than 2 hours will say they're sticking with gas because they can ride the trails forever. The range will never match, but that's not why people like them. People like surrons for everything but the range.

And lets be honest, are you really going to ride the roughest trails for 16 hours straight every saturday and sunday? That s#!+ wears you down faster than the battery drains.

For most people, the surrons(and the like) will do most everything most of the time. That's hard to beat at the price point. A klx140 and a smart carb will meet the price point or a talaria triple cross while being cheaper to run mile per mile.
Riding trails for a bit more than 2 hours took alot out of me

Guys who like to tinker will underestimate just how much normal people disregard maintenance or just plain hate it if they even do it at all. Not having to take the bike in for an oil change or valve adjustment is huge, let alone a top end rebuild.(if you can even find someone willing to do it when it finally needs done.)

It takes a lot of core strength to balance at very low speeds. Now for country roads I think the smaller dirt bikes would work better but its more than twice the effort to lift 200lbs into your truck than 100lbs.
I know what it takes, I raced for the Malcolm Smith Moto-cross racing teams during my late high school, early college days, during the early 70s.

Wuss...lol.
It takes a lot of core strength to balance at very low speeds. Now for country roads I think the smaller dirt bikes would work better but its more than twice the effort to lift 200lbs into your truck than 100lbs.
They were some tough trails. Deep and steep ruts, all slate rock and sand, and tons of hills.

Back