USA GasBike.Net Reviews

Anton

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
8:08 PM
motorized-bicycle-california-gas-bike-net.png

GasBike offers Bicycle Motor Engine Kits *That Will* Pimp Your Ride. Travel easier, faster and cheaper with a gas-powered bike. GasBike is a motorized bicycle California dealer.

Products: Engine kits & parts, racing parts.
Location: 15825 Stagg Street, Van Nuys, California, USA, 91406

Last edited:
Gasbike was pretty good 6 years ago.
I had done over $30K business with them without a hitch back in my early years.
That was when they sold real Skyhawk products which were all I built with.

Then came the greed.
They figured they could make cheap Chinese knock-off 's and sell them under the Grubee and Skyhawk brand names.
Don caught on and China Gas, the exclusive exporter of them, banned them from buying anything wholesale.

Lawsuits are pending, etc.

I won't buy an engine or frame there, but they still treat me well when I need like 10 of the basic maintenance parts.

I ordered a GT6 kit last year and it took 4 months to receive all the parts in usable condition. Never again, there are too many reputable companies out there to use them again, first time shame on me.

Here is my review of gasbike. I ordered a 4-stroke kit and replacement flyweight. The 4-stroke kit quality was above average, the shipping was fast (within a week), and the packaging was done well. One of the clutch springs broke like almost right away and I emailed for a replacement flyweight or at least the spring. I didn't get a reply. I am not sure maybe I screwed something up and the spring broke, but I think it was just a random material failure. I guess gasbike wouldn't know that and maybe assumed the customer screwed up. I ordered a replacement flyweight and ordered the wrong one initially. I was able to contact them over the phone and they said they would mail the right one, which they did. However, this time there was no shipping email, but it seemed at this time they had personnel issues.

Overall, I think they have very good prices and they don't overcharge for shipping like other vendors. For example, the flyweight shipping was $2 on gasbike and $10 at another site. A few people order from them only via eBay so there is a third party mediator in case of a dispute. They also have a 100% rating ratio on eBay. I guess this is the best way to go. I would do business with them again.

Just filed a complaint with State of California Department of Justice as they have not gotten back to me about a defective part. Will all so be filling complaints with others as well as not it is just a matter of cut and paste.

I bought through Ebay, got my stuff in about 3 days, delivered what I asked for. Very happy.
This was to a USA mailing address, did not try to ship to Canada.
Prices were very slightly more than their website.

Steve

I did not check many items but did check the first one I found on eBay and from my figures they charge 20% more then from there store. Just to list and sell on eBay cost the seller no less then 13% just in fees and paypal chargens. I hope they keep doing like they should on eBay and does not change. After having to file complaints just to get them to talk to me about a part that broke right away and taking over a month and half left a bad taste in my mouth. Sorry screw me once it is their fault screw me twice it is my fault. Sorry had to stop for a few minutes someone just ran over my mail box.

I've had nothing but good things to say about gasbike but I haven't had any reason to contact them since everything I've received was correct and all parts worked well

I purchased a sprocket adapter kit from GasBike in April. I received it about a 1 1/2 weeks later due to being shipped to Canada. They had sent the wrong size though to fit my hub. I contacted them by email with pictures of my hub and the adapter they sent. They had sent me the correct size I ordered and I am using it now. They didn't request the wrong size back either.

Worst company ever.I brought a jackshaft and to start off the holes to line it up on the motor was in the wrong spot and the sprockets were made of cheap tin. The product does not work and just break the chains and will not let you start the motor. Of course you have to try something to find out it doesn't work and that voids the warranty.when finally got a hold of customer after being on hold all day the previous day they said if you open the box to look at it, it voids the warranty they will not even give you credit like you would really want credit from these rude idiots in summary do not buy from these idoits the product and them are a piece of junk

I have had good luck with them. Bought a gt2, and 2 gt5's. Shipped fast, and all engines are still running. That has been a few years ago, don't think I would chance it now. I think that is the purpose of reviews- be informed- buyer beware.

Back